Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken windshield wipers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fixed Mine! Just needed a somewhat old fashioned $12 tool - a brake spring plier used to attach springs on drum brakes.
There is even a little hole already in a convenient place to catch the pointy end of the tool. The hook end fits perfectly onto the spring.

It was a bit of grunt. Definitely use safety glasses and heavy gloves in case the spring flies off (and work away from your Tesla...)
I'm not the strongest person. If you have been to the gym in the last year, you ought to be able to do this.

I'm convinced if the double ended hook was bent around a little further then none of us would have this problem. The wiper arm has a stop to limit travel, but it barely seems to engage - if that was a little longer, I think that also would also prevent this problem.

View attachment 218853 View attachment 218854

hey how did you get the arm off. I undid the bolt on the top but the arm just doesn't lift off

hey how did you get the arm off. I undid the bolt on the top but the arm just doesn't lift off

it’s a tapered shaft. Sometimes you get lucky and they pop off. There is a “wiper arm removal” tool that looks like a wimpy ball joint remover. A lot of auto parts stores lend tools now.

Whatever you do, don’t pry against your windshield and put down a thick towel in case you drop something onto the glass...

this is similar to what I have. Different brand though

OTUAYAUTO Battery Terminal and Wiper Arm Puller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PY8785/

it’s a tapered shaft. Sometimes you get lucky and they pop off. There is a “wiper arm removal” tool that looks like a wimpy ball joint remover. A lot of auto parts stores lend tools now.

Whatever you do, don’t pry against your windshield and put down a thick towel in case you drop something onto the glass...

this is similar to what I have. Different brand though

OTUAYAUTO Battery Terminal and Wiper Arm Puller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PY8785/
Got the arm off. But idk how to get the spring on. Tried with a screwdriver and don't know how your grandfather got leverage on anything