TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Brushed aluminum door sills- scuff marks

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by lvhernan, Jan 8, 2016.

1. lvhernan

lvhernan Member

I have scuff marks (85D) on the door sills, and it is barely 1 month old. I noticed it upon delivery, but thought it was removable, but to my dismay I cannot remove it. It is too late now to have it replaced by Tesla. Any advice on how to remove the scuff marks?

2. mjtgroup

mjtgroup Member

Same for me. Seems to be permanent as I tried many "things" to remove. I bought 2 additional sill pieces (right and left) for replacement. I'm going to have a clear film put on top of the metal "Tesla" plaques.

Note: The metal sill plaques are part of of a longer plastic piece that cost $83.00 each. Minimal installation cost. In my mind, worth it. Good luck!

3. MrClown

MrClown Autosteer Beta Tester

I had mine covered in xpel very early on because I noticed them getting scuffed. It hid the minor scuffs and has kept away new ones. Very pleased and it didn't cost any extra.

4. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I noticed this also and covered it with the cabon fiber vinyl from rpmtesla.com. It's a shame that it scratches so easily

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I added aftermarket aluminum sills and wrapped them in expel, as the seller recommended. Well worth the effort.