Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble like issue on dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just realized that they messed up something with my glovebox. I actually noticed it at SC but forgot about it during my distraction with the huge gap they left in the glovebox.

So I just opened it and it literally just drops open. No resistance, nothing. It slams down rather violently. I'm guessing either a spring is broken or they forgot to put it in.

Mobile appt.

I just bought a 2020 Model 3P built Sept 2019 and I quickly discovered the bubbles. I just thought of an idea for anyone who just doesn't want their car torn apart and reassembled. Botox! Perhaps a very fine gauge needle and some fabric adhesive in liquid form can be injected into those bubbles. Maybe the penetrations will be small enough not to be visible. I have not tried. Just an idea!

I just bought a 2020 Model 3P built Sept 2019 and I quickly discovered the bubbles. I just thought of an idea for anyone who just doesn't want their car torn apart and reassembled. Botox! Perhaps a very fine gauge needle and some fabric adhesive in liquid form can be injected into those bubbles. Maybe the penetrations will be small enough not to be visible. I have not tried. Just an idea!

That's a common idea for this sort of problem, but it almost never works because usually there's a foam padding underneath that is deteriorating. Squirting glue through a needle doesn't solve the problem with the underlying structure so the repaired area is just as uneven, or worse.

I have this same problem, but on the steering wheel instead of the dash. Thinking of using a very fine needle syringe to inject a tiny drop of glue into the bubble and pressing down to adhere. Of course, I’d rather bring it to Tesla, but they’d probably tell me it’s normal wear and refuse to replace the steering wheel. Never had this problem on six previous vehicles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 67