Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble like issue on dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.

Reactions: mmccking
So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.

You should post a picture.

Here you go....some days I can see it. Others I can't. It's really weird.

Attachments

• IMG_20180802_065415.jpg
    IMG_20180802_065415.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 1,506
  • IMG_20180802_065120.jpg
    IMG_20180802_065120.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Informative
Reactions: alexGS
Didn't think of that. It's more of a cosmetic annoyance than anything else. So when I go for my first service I will add it to the list. Was just curious if others had the same thing and if it was a known issue. Thanks guys

Just an update, stopped at the SC. Stated it is not an easy fix and requires the dash to be taken apart. Stated could need car for up to 2 days and mobile service can't do this. They placed order in for the part but could be up to 2 months to get that part due to parts production issues.

Highly skeptical that this task is beyond the abilities of Mobile Service. I recently watched a Mobile Service Tech open up my car for open heart surgery. This is just a cosmetic part on the SURFACE of the interior. I think your SC is just trying to blow you off.

Highly skeptical that this task is beyond the abilities of Mobile Service. I recently watched a Mobile Service Tech open up my car for open heart surgery. This is just a cosmetic part on the SURFACE of the interior. I think your SC is just trying to blow you off.
They stated it isn't just a simple remove and replace. They said on the model s and x it is but on the 3, they have to take apart the whole dash to get that peice off

I initially didn't have the bubbling on the dash till recently. Tesla service center will not replace it and says it's normal wear and tear from sun exposure. I have about 15k miles and all my windows including my windshield is tinted. My commuter car doesn't have bubbling on the dash after 10 years and 250k miles.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I initially didn't have the bubbling on the dash till recently. Tesla service center will not replace it and says it's normal wear and tear from sun exposure. I have about 15k miles and all my windows including my windshield is tinted. My commuter car doesn't have bubbling on the dash after 10 years and 250k miles.

Makes me wonder whether or not we should be careful about parking the Model 3 in direct sunlight. Pulling the car-cover on and off takes a bit of work, and I can't see myself putting it on daily. Can anyone recommend a solid windshield sunshade? I found one online here:

Front Windshield Sunshade for Tesla Model 3

just noticed this today on my dash....i can see about 4-7 areas that are bubbling....can only see them during sunset time....any updates on how this was resolved? Car is mostly garage kept and home most of the day so normal wear from sunlight doesn't sound right to me.

just noticed this today on my dash....i can see about 4-7 areas that are bubbling....can only see them during sunset time....any updates on how this was resolved? Car is mostly garage kept and home most of the day so normal wear from sunlight doesn't sound right to me.
I got my dash replaced recently for this issue. Create a service appointment through the app. They'll likely ask you for a picture of the issue, then they'll put in an order for the replacement part if they don't have it in stock. Once the part arrives, they'll need your vehicle for a full day to swap the dash out.