TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bubble like issue on dashboard

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dano9258, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

So my car has had these things that look like bubbles in the dash since delivery (black peice right above the wood). If you touch them they go away for a few but then come right back. It's like they didn't stretch the material enough. Anyone have this? I tried doing a search for anything bubble related with the dash and nothing came back.

2. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Take it back to the service center. They'll likely order a new piece.

• Like x 1
  3. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

You should post a picture.

4. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Here you go....some days I can see it. Others I can't. It's really weird.

Attached Files:

5. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

I'm no expert, but it looks like the adhesive is coming up in certain spots.

6. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Didn't think of that. It's more of a cosmetic annoyance than anything else. So when I go for my first service I will add it to the list. Was just curious if others had the same thing and if it was a known issue. Thanks guys

7. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

Mine is not like that.

If it’s any comfort I learned from my SC that the entire panel in the photo just pops off relatively easily for access to components underneath. It should be a trivial thing to repair.

8. Phrixotrichus

Phrixotrichus Member

Adhesive or fitting failure, or both.
    That has to be swapped out completely probably.

9. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Any idea if this could be done by the mobile service technician? And if so how do I request that over the service center?

10. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Just an update, stopped at the SC. Stated it is not an easy fix and requires the dash to be taken apart. Stated could need car for up to 2 days and mobile service can't do this. They placed order in for the part but could be up to 2 months to get that part due to parts production issues.

• Informative x 1
  11. Kotoko

Kotoko Member

I'm keeping an eye on mine but I notice maybe two spots where it looks like its bubbling.

12. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

Highly skeptical that this task is beyond the abilities of Mobile Service. I recently watched a Mobile Service Tech open up my car for open heart surgery. This is just a cosmetic part on the SURFACE of the interior. I think your SC is just trying to blow you off.

13. dano9258

dano9258 Member

They stated it isn't just a simple remove and replace. They said on the model s and x it is but on the 3, they have to take apart the whole dash to get that peice off