Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buffing Out Scratches or Hazing in Center Console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's some white hazing on my cup holder console that I can't get out with rubbing alcohol.

I was thinking of taking it to a detail shop to buff it out, but before I do, I wanted to get some opinions/experience from those who have done it themselves.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buff out light scratches or hazing manually using an applicator pad and some polisher instead of having to use an orbital polisher?

I don't have neither but rather have a cheap solution to fixing it if possible. Otherwise, I'll bring it to a detail shop.

If... it's just swirl marks, well I just did mine with Renaissance Wax. I posted once before on this stuff because I recently did my whole Model 3P in it, and it's clearly the best wax I've ever put on a car. It also made my center console look new. The wax was developed by the British Museum in the 1950s for things more or less like our center consoles. Anyway, it dries HARD. Amazon sells a small container. Worth a try if... it's just swirl marks. Yarf it up:

Microcrystalline wax - Wikipedia

Actually it was originally wrapped at a detail shop, but I think I may have scratched it, so I bought a center console wrap and tried to install it myself.

I heated up all 3 portions of the center console with a hair dryer to easily remove it and the top 2 were fine upon inspection. When I removed the cup holder, that's where I found the white hazing.

Could it have been from applying too much heat?....I highly doubt it. Therefore I suspect it was the detailer's fault, but there's no way to prove it.

I was thinking of taking it somewhere else to buff it out but not sure of the cost, and based on what every one is saying, it's not worth it since I'll be wrapping it anyways?