TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bug Cleaning Help!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Bebop, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

It's summertime (My first with this car) and that means loads of dead flies on the front of the car from driving.

Super annoying to clean as I'm having to really rub hard to get residue off the front.

Can anyone recommend me a product that would help with this more easily? Is there such a product where I can apply it to the front so the flies won't stick the my car but instead maybe glide off? Almost like in the style of RainX.

Not sure if it matters but I also have a clear bra on the front. Thanks!

2. ianofury

ianofury Member

Dryer sheets get them off.

3. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

• Informative x 1
  4. Duffer

Duffer TSLA Long

@Bebop I feel your pain. The majority of the area around me is farmland or orchards (rice fields are the worst). My vehicles are usually coated in bug carcasses/guts daily. Did you have your clear bra sealed?

Prior to having the clear bra installed on our MS I used the dryer sheet technique. It works extremely well. Though the slimy residue does take a bit of effort to remove fully.

Now that the clear bra (Prestige Films ClearGuard Nano) was applied and sealed all I need is a soapy wash mitt, watering can, and of course a towel to dry. It takes about 5 minutes total to clean the front fascia. It takes longer to clean the windshield.

• Like x 1
  5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

On our motorcycles we used to use Pledge furniture spray to make the bugs easier to rub off.

The wet dryer sheet also works like magic, but is a bit messy.

6. Magomboman

Magomboman Supporting Member

• Informative x 1
  7. OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt Member

Optimum No Rinse

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  8. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

OMG the bugs!
    Had this discussion a while back with some good conversation

• Like x 1
  9. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Lot's of great suggestions! Much Appreciated!

• Like x 1