Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug Cleaning Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
It's summertime (My first with this car) and that means loads of dead flies on the front of the car from driving.

Super annoying to clean as I'm having to really rub hard to get residue off the front.

Can anyone recommend me a product that would help with this more easily? Is there such a product where I can apply it to the front so the flies won't stick the my car but instead maybe glide off? Almost like in the style of RainX.

Not sure if it matters but I also have a clear bra on the front. Thanks!

@Bebop I feel your pain. The majority of the area around me is farmland or orchards (rice fields are the worst). My vehicles are usually coated in bug carcasses/guts daily. Did you have your clear bra sealed?

Prior to having the clear bra installed on our MS I used the dryer sheet technique. It works extremely well. Though the slimy residue does take a bit of effort to remove fully.

Now that the clear bra (Prestige Films ClearGuard Nano) was applied and sealed all I need is a soapy wash mitt, watering can, and of course a towel to dry. It takes about 5 minutes total to clean the front fascia. It takes longer to clean the windshield.

Reactions: Bebop
Optimum No Rinse

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-19_18-58-48.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-19_18-58-48.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: timvracer