Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bulb EV Tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Bulb EV tariff is less than my Flexible Octopus and the Octopus GO; I may well switch back to Bulb (after two months with Octopus) unless they sort my smart meter and billing out. https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360059170212-About-Bulb-s-EV-Tariff
Doesn’t look like they’re accepting anyone on the EV tariff at the minute.

AE73E59C-3442-480B-B9DB-76B9870B1E80.png

• Informative
Reactions: RedMod3
We're on bulb ev tarfiff. Got an email out of the blue, our SMETS1 was upgraded automatically over the ether so could do it. Looks like savings will be substantial, having 2x EVs and trying to cram other stuff into the overnight period too.

Looks like Bulb will be going under under next week :(.

I wonder how they will transfer people on non standard traiffs like E7, or anyone whos signed up to the FIT/powerwall tariff.

I suspect everyone will get dumped into a standard tariff??

Looks like Bulb will be going under under next week :(.

I wonder how they will transfer people on non standard traiffs like E7, or anyone whos signed up to the FIT/powerwall tariff.

I suspect everyone will get dumped into a standard tariff??
Earlier this year, I was transferred from a GNE E7 tariff to EDF. I had an E7 meter and the transfer was flawless. However, eventually, they will be transferred onto the new supplier's standard tariff which will cost a lot more. Currently, I am on an Octopus E7 tariff.

Shame about Bulb, they are a company with good customer service.

I buy from Scottish Power and enjoy a tariff that runs to 31 March next year.
Based on my use the best offers at the moment would double my monthly standing order, thus cancelling out the savings from running an EV over an ICE!

It is beginning to look as though there will be very limited choice by then, with only 6 or 7 suppliers.
Unless Bulb can find a buyer it will fail during November and it is too big to have its customers shared out, as happened to the previous 16.

Who will be next?

Reactions: gangzoom
I buy from Scottish Power and enjoy a tariff that runs to 31 March next year.
Based on my use the best offers at the moment would double my monthly standing order, thus cancelling out the savings from running an EV over an ICE!

It is beginning to look as though there will be very limited choice by then, with only 6 or 7 suppliers.
Unless Bulb can find a buyer it will fail during November and it is too big to have its customers shared out, as happened to the previous 16.

Who will be next?
currently octopus go is still a thing. my current Go tariff also runs out circa March same as yours sand when it does the new day rates if they stay the same will nearly double my day rate. BUT as things stand the 5p overnight rate still remains so it would not affect my charging costs. 🤞.
Not sure the kids are going to appreciate me cooking their tea at 1am though!

currently octopus go is still a thing. my current Go tariff also runs out circa March same as yours sand when it does the new day rates if they stay the same will nearly double my day rate. BUT as things stand the 5p overnight rate still remains so it would not affect my charging costs. 🤞.
Maybe my Powerwalls will make a ROI after all...

My Octopus Go tariff passed it's date and I received the email ... took no action (it said no need to) ... looking at my account it looks like I have held onto my original rates. It wasn't explicity stated in the email what any new rate would be on GO and neither did it say I would hold onto the original rates but it seems that I have.

My Octopus Go tariff passed it's date and I received the email ... took no action (it said no need to) ... looking at my account it looks like I have held onto my original rates. It wasn't explicity stated in the email what any new rate would be on GO and neither did it say I would hold onto the original rates but it seems that I have.
Doesn't seem to make much sense but ill take it if the same happens to me.