Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bumped up in line for my delivery... am I missing something or just lucky?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. First time posting here and happy to be part of the club!

I put in my order for my MX 75D back in early October. Based on my order page, the delivery date was December/January but just this past Thursday, I received a call from Tesla asking me if I wanted to have my delivery bumped up. They said that my current car was not yet scheduled for production due to delays but they have one currently being build with the exact same specs and I can take this one instead. Am I missing something or am I just lucky? Are they trying to offload an older spec car? Is this normal? Can I negotiate something here?

Hi everyone. First time posting here and happy to be part of the club!

I put in my order for my MX 75D back in early October. Based on my order page, the delivery date was December/January but just this past Thursday, I received a call from Tesla asking me if I wanted to have my delivery bumped up. They said that my current car was not yet scheduled for production due to delays but they have one currently being build with the exact same specs and I can take this one instead. Am I missing something or am I just lucky? Are they trying to offload an older spec car? Is this normal? Can I negotiate something here?

Someone maybe cancelled an order with the exact same specs, but if it is true that it is being built right now and is brand new there won't be any negotiating power most likely.

I would just be happy to get early delivery and say YES! You will definitely get to keep your tax credit =)