TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bumper defect at pre delivery inspection

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jerrylkh, Jun 28, 2016.

1. jerrylkh

jerrylkh New Member

My DS called me today for deferring delivery (again) because during pre delivery inspection the bumper was found to have an installation issue that may potentially affect safety. During PDI I would expect to have minor issues but not a major safety issue. The DS didn't explain in details what the problem really is, only saying that the installation error can cause leakage of water into the 'machine' which is dangerous.

Anyone has this experience before? Should I be worried about any damages done to my car during shipping (I am from Hong Kong, car being in the ship for 6 weeks)?

• Like x 1
  2. Vic4Model3

Vic4Model3 Member

Does anyone know if the SC is allowed to use an undelivered car for a few demo rides.
    FWIW, Audi used to do that, depending on the dealership. I know this from personal experience (USA).

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

When the X was first released, I happened to be at the SC a couple of times when Model X's were being prepped for customer delivery. They know me well at the SC so they let me peek into the X's that they were prepping. Peek in was all I did, however. They opened the door for me to look in and we were all very careful to ensure that I never touched the X's in any way.

I doubt very seriously that an SC would ever allow test drives in an undelivered customer vehicle.

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester