Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He didn't say any of them being MYAWD. Could be MYLR? was there any MYAWD deliveries happening? I wish there was at least an EDD for me. Mine is showing TBD.
I don't think there would be any way to tell if it is LR or AWD unless you can get in the car and look up the detailed car info. Unless the car had an info sticker on the window?? All you could tell is it is an Austin car from the VIN and lack of Matrix headlights.

i think some thing different about order inventory MYAWD , LR and P , they give you EDD after Vin even the car not build yet , VIN will take couples week or month , but in our case VIN will show up after couples day of order but EDD wont show until car be build or on the trail to delivery locations

It's inventory vs custom order. For custom order they get the VIN I believe when it's completely done. Most of them get the delivery within 2 weeks of getting the VIN.
Inventory also if it's already in location (order cancellations) or done building we get the VIN straight away and within 2 weeks delivery. But ours seems like a huge inventory dump which was pre planned for built and looks like the built never happened so far.

In person?
Only if you got in the car and looked at the info screen. Or if there happened to be one of those new car info sheets stuck on the window.
I don't think there is any other way to tell without seeing internals of the car. Nothing is different on the exterior. Badging is the same.
I guess I could have asked one of the SA's but I was basically thinking about transit times and it did not seem relevant which Austin builds they were as they are coming from the same place, Mine is supposed to be there tomorrow but that is doubtful as I still have no pick up date, just a moving EDD that has changed today to 3/1-3/8, weather has been foul lately but it does not seem bad enough to hold up Rail transit.

Reactions: dion009
I guess I could have asked one of the SA's but I was basically thinking about transit times and it did not seem relevant which Austin builds they were as they are coming from the same place, Mine is supposed to be there tomorrow but that is doubtful as I still have no pick up date, just a moving EDD that has changed today to 3/1-3/8, weather has been foul lately but it does not seem bad enough to hold up Rail transit.
So your EDD will be next week ? , when you order it ? , mY OD is 2/9 , and till now nothing , no idea they build yet or not , see more inventory in tesla right now but look like they gonna build it next week

No way from the outside I believe. That's y I was suggesting it could be MYLR or MYAWD. the delivery which you are taking is the MYAWD with 20"?
MYLR or MYAWD it is coming from the same place and same way so my guess was that build date is a more accurate way to gauge delivery time.
Mine is the MYAWD with 20" in Red, more test driving of my brother-in-law's same config in white has confirmed to ME anyway that despite the range hit, this is the best built car with the front casting and structual pack, feels nothing like the MYLR i test drove, WAAAAY better driving dynamics, NVH, really looking forward to this car.
So your EDD will be next week ? , when you order it ? , mY OD is 2/9 , and till now nothing , no idea they build yet or not , see more inventory in tesla right now but look like they gonna build it next week
I just texted the 510 number and asked for the build date, the reply was very specific, "Birthday: Sun Feb 19, 10:46:04 2023", I was told still coming this week and EDD still 3/1-3/8, maybe 3/3 or 3/4 i'm guessing now since nothing scheduled as of yet, edit: just scheduled pick up on 3/3.

Last edited:
Reactions: dion009
When did you order though?
Green Coffe
MYLR or MYAWD it is coming from the same place and same way so my guess was that build date is a more accurate way to gauge delivery time.
Mine is the MYAWD with 20" in Red, more test driving of my brother-in-law's same config in white has confirmed to ME anyway that despite the range hit, this is the best built car with the front casting and structual pack, feels nothing like the MYLR i test drove, WAAAAY better driving dynamics, NVH, really looking forward to this car.

I just texted the 510 number and asked for the build date, the reply was very specific, "Birthday: Sun Feb 19, 10:46:04 2023", I was told still coming this week and EDD still 3/1-3/8, maybe 3/3 or 3/4 i'm guessing now since nothing scheduled as of yet.
when was your order date though?

Green Coffe

when was your order date though?
OD 2/11, everything in app completed on 2/13, vin assigned right away, EDD 2/23-3/21, on 2/21 visited Tesla store and SA switched cars to one that had been built on 2/19 as mine as of 2/21 was not yet built, at that time he said due to arrive 3/1-3/2, just got the text 5 min ago and scheduled a pick up for earliest window of 3/3 in the morning.

Last edited: