Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They might have run out of 19" wheels or have a huge surplus of 20" wheels that they want to get rid of. This is the best time to get rid of any unused items.😂 I wish they had given us the option to upgrade for early delivery. the majority of the inventory after our big dump was 20" wheels. I have rarely seen any 19 ones.

I lost 250 because i have to cancel my MYLR because wait time too long and it wont make it before march … and pick MYAWD because it inventory and coming soon … , its a trap
I gave up an M3 for this one and lost 250 already. M3 was kind of stupid of me though. We didn't even take a test ride before we booked. Once we got the drive we didn't like the space it had compared to our Leaf and gave up the 250. Now looks like its going to be a 500 donation to Elon's Twitter buying fund.

• Funny
Reactions: James2023y
They might have run out of 19" wheels or have a huge surplus of 20" wheels that they want to get rid of. This is the best time to get rid of any unused items.😂 I wish they had given us the option to upgrade for early delivery. the majority of the inventory after our big dump was 20" wheels. I have rarely seen any 19 ones.
Thats weird , if they said it new inventory , its mean they already have all parts , build slot , build schedules for it and wait time should be transport only ….

Thats weird , if they said it new inventory , its mean they already have all parts , build slot , build schedules for it and wait time should be transport only ….
That's where the shady business part comes in. "coming soon" can be any time soon like march, april, may... or 2024,2025... they have confirmed 600+ orders from these inventories where they have 250$ already in their pocket and can sell these cars anytime they want at a higher price even if some of us cancels it due to tax rebate. This bulk inventory dump was done by some big-time crook in there to make sure they have a good number of confirmed orders during a high-demand time. they can show these numbers during quarterly investor meets. Most likely they would have come up with this idea of big inventory drops when the demand slowed down during the last week of Jan as it was already showing EDD of April - June.
To be fair shady for us who fell for it and good for Tesla I guess.

Seen a lot of cars coming off the truck at Long Beach today, build dates of 2/14, maybe 30 cars and 85% with Gemini wheels, I ordered 2/11 MYAWD with 20" RED, Got a vin in a couple days PA074 with an EDD of 2/23-3/21, went in on 2/21 and they said car was not built yet, I asked if they had one built in inventory and he found a model match that was not claimed and built on 2/19 waiting to load in the rail cars with an internal EDD of 3/1,3/2 so they switch me out to that one, PA080 oddly enough was built before PA074, still waiting on a pick appt. but EDD now at 2/27-3/7.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpeg
    IMG_0024.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 52
I lost 250 because i have to cancel my MYLR because wait time too long and it wont make it before march … and pick MYAWD because it inventory and coming soon … , its a trap
Do not cancel your MYLR order yet. I also have MYP on order besides MYAWD and my SA told me that they might be able to credit $250 from MYP order towards MYAWD when I pick up the car. I don't know if SA is telling the truth, but it's worth asking if I were you

While we are waiting on MYAWD delivery update for everyone, I ran a route planner simulation comparing MYAWD and MYLR with a reasonable consumption 3.3mi/kWh start at 90% and arrive at 50% SOC for a long trip from DC to NYC. Interestingly, same number of supercharge stops, but MYAWD only takes 9 min more.
routeplan.png

• Helpful
Reactions: dion009
I wouldn't trust the built date in waitingfortesla.com. I would be a good idea to check with the local SA to check and see if any of this will come before our order and switch it. Would even get our order transferred than spent another 250.