Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C4E5EB25-E0FB-4776-A3CC-E77F08851D5E.jpeg
Check this guys post on Reddit. 2/18 OD!

Hey. I'm thinking about it. Right now the AWD is not listed on the new order page but is listed on the inventory page. Has that always been the strategy ? Is the AWD the bait ? Price is good at this time - $51990, but, only $3k more for the LR. Seems like a small gap.

Hey. I'm thinking about it. Right now the AWD is not listed on the new order page but is listed on the inventory page. Has that always been the strategy ? Is the AWD the bait ? Price is good at this time - $51990, but, only $3k more for the LR. Seems like a small gap.
Yes…, current AWD “existing inventory” is a bait.., especially ones with 19” wheels. These are not even built yet and termed “pre-production”. Be careful when you order AWD with 19” wheels and expect the worst that it might not get delivered before March. It’ll be good to check with your local SA on EDD prior to ordering

Yes…, current AWD “existing inventory” is a bait.., especially ones with 19” wheels. These are not even built yet and termed “pre-production”. Be careful when you order AWD with 19” wheels and expect the worst that it might not get delivered before March. It’ll be good to check with your local SA on EDD prior to ordering
I don’t think they were a bait. They were scheduled for production and then Tesla had a shortage of 19s. Which is evident in MYLR inventory showing up during that time all with 20s and the subsequent drop of MyAWDs with 20s that are being delivered sooner than the initial planned batch of 19s.
It is unfortunate but not nefarious. Bad luck and now that Tesla has listed MYAWD with 19s for this weeks productionIm sure they will be already building the early Feb 19” batch. In fact they probably already built those cars and now just need to slap on the wheels.

I don’t think they were a bait. They were scheduled for production and then Tesla had a shortage of 19s. Which is evident in MYLR inventory showing up during that time all with 20s and the subsequent drop of MyAWDs with 20s that are being delivered sooner than the initial planned batch of 19s.
It is unfortunate but not nefarious. Bad luck and now that Tesla has listed MYAWD with 19s for this weeks productionIm sure they will be already building the early Feb 19” batch. In fact they probably already built those cars and now just need to slap on the wheels.
Then they should give people the option of getting a refund of their $250 if they miss the credit. That’s how you remedy a service experience issue. It’s not our fault they have piss poor resource planning.

It’s crazy because they have the build date showing as 3/5 for a ton of the AWD in inventory right now… why aren’t they building the ones we ordered? I literally don’t understand.
It's beyond our normal mental capacity called common sense. they will give you that these decisions are based on "AI" "Neural Networks" "Big data" bla bla bla bla

I saw a couple of inventories with one with 20" and a diff colors 3k and 4K above what I ordered. which was built on the 27th and ETA is next week for me locally. I was thinking of going and changing to it at the SC in the morning. Not doing it now. Tesla is not a necessity. Will cancel the order if won't qualify for a tax break.

Reactions: Alex425
Then they should give people the option of getting a refund of their $250 if they miss the credit. That’s how you remedy a service experience issue. It’s not our fault they have piss poor resource planning.

LOL.
They won't refund sh*t.
I originally ordered a Model 3. Switched to a Model Y. Then switched to this Model Y because it was on the inventory list and I thought I would get it quicker.

I pissed away $500 in deposits for the first two cars and they won't move the money over to my current order.

• Disagree
Reactions: James2023y