Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t take my word for this. But IMO the guidance isn’t changing until like March 30th. Typical FED timing right. And… even if they change it they might just defer any new info until next quarter. Don’t be too worried that it will change any day now. There is a reason why Tesla opened up all their charge network. They didn’t do this for free lol.
Yes .... but ... I took delivery of my Rivian R1T on 8/9. On 8/16, the rules changed as of that day. There was no grace period, no consideration for vehicles en route, no "as of date", nothing. Talk about some unhappy and pissed R1T buyers! That's my real-life experience and I'm wanting to have possession under the current rules before the rules are updated and (perhaps) changed.

Ordered today from tesla "inventory" of Austin built ones

MYAWD W/B 19
Got the vin, and EDD of 3/9 - 3/31

Woke up to a text from Tesla…. Scheduled my delivery for friday March 10th!
Ordered today from tesla "inventory" of Austin built ones

MYAWD W/B 19
Got the vin, and EDD of 3/9 - 3/31

😅
Woke up to a Schedule Pickup App text from tesla this morning….
Looks like I’m picking up mine on Friday at 11 AM
Will try to keep you guys posted on the updates

P.S. Las Vegas location

Woke up to a Schedule Pickup App text from tesla this morning….
Looks like I’m picking up mine on Friday at 11 AM
Will try to keep you guys posted on the updates

P.S. Las Vegas location
This must have been one of the few MYAWD that got built during 3/4~3/5 dates.
I just saw MYAWD 19" w/b in Raleigh ETA for 3/8 or 3/10.... and then it got snatched up after few minutes...
I think Feb MYAWD 19" orders got screwed for some reason...

did you try texting? (honestly i tried the same thing here in GA today no reply yet more than 4 hrs now haha)
yes. I am in Raleigh. I have a pickup today. I get maybe one text every 2 days from Tesla and it is generally useless.

edit. let me be blunt. the only way to get info on your car is show up for delivery and then decide to accept or reject. anything else seems like a waste of time. I am buying my 3rd Tesla. It has gotten worse each time.

Reactions: Hotshot5959
yes. I am in Raleigh. I have a pickup today. I get maybe one text every 2 days from Tesla and it is generally useless.

edit. let me be blunt. the only way to get info on your car is show up for delivery and then decide to accept or reject. anything else seems like a waste of time. I am buying my 3rd Tesla. It has gotten worse each time.
Wow.. total lack of communication..., this is my first buying experience with Tesla lol. what model spec are you picking up today?

This must have been one of the few MYAWD that got built during 3/4~3/5 dates.
I just saw MYAWD 19" w/b in Raleigh ETA for 3/8 or 3/10.... and then it got snatched up after few minutes...
I think Feb MYAWD 19" orders got screwed for some reason...
How much were the February ones? My SR MYAWD with tow hitch came up to 52,999... they are trying to deliver the ones with higher profits first maybe?

Throwing my order in the mix...

MYAWD OD: 2/18 | msm/b | 20" wheels
EDD1: 3/1 - 3/31
EDD2: TBD as of Saturday 3/4
NJ
Decided to check waitinfortesla.com and the exact same build I ordered going to the same Tesla Service Center was listed. Immediately called the local service center and the SA checked and sure enough it will delivered this Thu. She quickly switched my order over to that one and I have delivery appointment schedule for this Saturday to pick it up. Talk about right place/right time!

Decided to check waitinfortesla.com and the exact same build I ordered going to the same Tesla Service Center was listed. Immediately called the local service center and the SA checked and sure enough it will delivered this Thu. She quickly switched my order over to that one and I have delivery appointment schedule for this Saturday to pick it up. Talk about right place/right time!
Congrats.
Seems silly that Tesla didn't assign that car to you in the first place. Did you already have a VIN for your original 2/18 order?

Reactions: Cleblanc