Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used MY - What information to request.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I’m new here, just been looking around for a few days. I’m looking into buy a used 2020 MY Performance from a dealer, and would like to confirm the Auto Pilot configuration. The sales guy thinks it includes FSD, but he is not sure. What would be the best way to confirm this? Also the car does not have the charging cable, how much is the cable? Can I call Tesla with the VIN to find details?

Lastly, what would be a good price on. Pearl White/ Black interior Performance model with 4,000 miles with and without FSD? The dealer is asking $66,900.

thanks in advance!
Pablo

This is a picture of the Auto Pilot screen sent by the sales guy. Does this confirm the FSD?

Attachments

• 6B9E2586-9959-445F-92EF-D0BEF2FE5201.jpeg
    6B9E2586-9959-445F-92EF-D0BEF2FE5201.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 82
Hello all,

I’m new here, just been looking around for a few days. I’m looking into buy a used 2020 MY Performance from a dealer, and would like to confirm the Auto Pilot configuration. The sales guy thinks it includes FSD, but he is not sure. What would be the best way to confirm this? Also the car does not have the charging cable, how much is the cable? Can I call Tesla with the VIN to find details?

Lastly, what would be a good price on. Pearl White/ Black interior Performance model with 4,000 miles with and without FSD? The dealer is asking $66,900.

thanks in advance!
Pablo
That is more than the cost of a new Performance Model Y. Unless you are in Canada.

Why not buy directly from Tesla?

I agree that the price asked is extremely high for a used Performance vehicle without FSD.

Agreed. If it does not include the FSD it is too expensive, that is why I’m trying to get confirmation on the FSD. But, with FSD, what would be a good price? NEW, ordered from Tesla, would be ~$72K including destination (no incentives in Texas).

thanks for the comments!

Reactions: ArtK
Here is the link to the mobile connector bundle that comes with the car -

Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle

they also usually come with a J1772 adapter.

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

personally I’m not sure it’s enough savings for me to not just buy new (assuming FSD)

But I don’t think it has FSD after just looking at that same screen in my Model 3.

Thanks for these links. So that’s almost $400 that they would need to come down on, on top of any negotiations (if I get there).

This is a picture of the Auto Pilot screen sent by the sales guy. Does this confirm the FSD?
I would ask for a picture of the screen that pops up when you press the “T” logo. That screen shows the VIN and the upgrades installed on the vehicle. My car is in the shop or I’d post a pic for reference. Maybe someone else with FSD can post a pic for you?

• Love
Reactions: Reborn and TX_Flux

Based on that picture alone, I would say no it does not have FSD but only Autopilot. You should get a few more options on that screen if you have FSD.

*Navigate on Autopilot
*Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
*Green Traffic Light Chime
*Summon (Might have this if they had EAP)

LIMF5O2WY3FFCNCYFYSAEYGCVA-cr-860.jpg

I’ve seen that one. $71k is full price. That doesn’t make a lick of sense... I understand that Teslas hold their value, but people are asking full price (or more) for used cars.
my guess is that some of these sellers are trying to recoup some of the money they paid after the purchase. in this case:

UPGRADES
Full frontal and side skirt PPF- $2500
Front and rear tint matched at 20%- $400
Windshield tint 55%- $250
Tesmanian floor mats, full set- $260
Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 Adapter- $35

(But I wouldnt pay anything for those)

Reactions: TX_Flux