Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying from New Hampshire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone picked up from Mt Kisco lately (not Paramus)? I am looking at a couple of inventory cars in Mt Kisco and wondering how they handle the temp plates. I'd be trading in my S, so I don't think home delivery makes sense.

Reactions: kayak1
Has anyone picked up from Mt Kisco lately (not Paramus)? I am looking at a couple of inventory cars in Mt Kisco and wondering how they handle the temp plates. I'd be trading in my S, so I don't think home delivery makes sense.
I wound up trading the S for an inventory MYLR from Springfield, NH. Drove the S down and the Y back, spending the night with family on the southbound leg.

Three things that annoyed me about the process:
  1. After accepting the lowball trade-in estimate, they cut it by $2k when I actually went through with the transaction, citing some BS line about the volatility of used car prices.
  2. It takes 3 weeks to get the "registration packet". WTF? I've never bought a new car from any other manufacturer that does this. The Certificate of Origin was always shipped with the car and available at delivery. Either they registered for me or gave me all the paperwork to do it as soon as I drove away.
  3. The expectation that you will pay for the car via ACH, in full, pre inspection/sight unseen.
The S was a 2 year old Tesla CPO (back when they had a CPO program). I had no trade, the car was delivered to me at no additional charge with all the necessary paperwork (prior owner's title and bill of sale), and I was able to check out the car after it arrived in Dedham before paying (with a personal check, no less).

Reactions: Tdreamer
Just a heads up for registering your vehicle in NH, it seems like the DMVs and Tax offices have the MSRP listed WAY too high ($81,000) for at least the Model Ys. So be sure to bring proof of your MSRP, which currently I am not sure what that is because the city wants a signed letter from Tesla with the VIN and MSRP even though I have the Bill of Sale, purchase agreement, and window sticker.
Thanks for catching this. I can confirm that the Model Y price database is still messed up as of today ($66k for MYLR). My Clerk's office took the window sticker as proof of MSRP ($52,880 w/ dest fee) and overrode the price as $53k.

The Model 3 numbers in the database look messed up as well (3 base @ $47k, S base @ $105k, X base @ $120k)

Last edited: