Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed - 48 shares purchased at $268 (different exchange rate than I had estimated before). I'm now at last putting my money where my mouth is, after having talked up my belief in Tesla's future for years. ;)

Now to do my best not to follow the day-to-day (or worse, hour-to-hour / minute-to-minute) fluctuations ;)
Congrats. The vehicles aren’t the only wild ride that Tesla produces. Long time shareholder here. About to buy a lot more. Expect a big jump in share price next week with positive trade news coming out of China.

Congrats. The vehicles aren’t the only wild ride that Tesla produces. Long time shareholder here. About to buy a lot more. Expect a big jump in share price next week with positive trade news coming out of China.

I realize that this timeline might not match up as well with yours @KarenRei , but I've found that the wild gyrations in the stock price are completely ignorable with a long enough timeline. I picked up some shares at $27 (thank you short sellers!) many years back, and continue to have a personal investment hypothesis that has a near time re-evaluation around 2019 (trigger - Model 3 production is 'ramped' and the backlog is shrinking; not this year I figure), with a view of things that says I want to own Tesla for the rest of my life, and least for the next 10 (the opportunities I see over the next 10 are too big to not own a piece of the company).

With a 10+ year timeframe, I didn't care when the stock price was $380, I don't care now that the stock price is $270's (or whatever it is), and the only difference a $130 stock price would make for me today is a 2 for 1 sale (I like sales) :)

Congratulations on the acquisition!

Reactions: EternalChampion
Turkish Tesla Ambassador reporting in. Here's my story before we begin;

I'm 26 years old. I've never been a car guy but been excited about tech long as I knew myself. Back in 2012-2013(I was 20-21), when I was in my junior year of uni. I was on exchange in San Francisco. I had this amazing opportunity to live in SF for around 7 months. During that period I got to know Tesla. Seeing it, researching it for even a bit made me realise how everything we thought we knew about cars was a lie. Once you see how obvious this new thing is the way, you just can't believe how every other thing isn't there yet. So I became literally obsessed. I started reading, learning, following everything I could about EVs and Tesla. It became my absolute dream to own one, it still is, one day...

Obsessios pursued when I was back in my country. Last year and a half of uni, then the first year of work life. Everything about me was Tesla. It was rare for anyone to have heard Tesla in my country so I was telling everyone about it. It started annoying my close friends and family because I was connecting every little conversation back to Tesla.

I finally had the chance to ride in a Model S in 2014 when I was in Amsterdam. They didn't allow me to drive it because I was younger than 25 at the time but it grew my interest, an interest that seemed impossible to grow even more. I booked a test drive again during a trip to Milan at the end of 2014 and this time I did get to drive it, because well, Italians... After that test drive seeing how far this obsession was going a friend suggested I should start a Turkish source about Tesla since I knew so much about it.

So I did. First month of 2015 I started a blog called www.teslaturk.com That site grew, I kept writing everything I knew. Of course Tesla doesn't sell cars or service them in Turkey since we're not part of EU but at the first year of the site I kept getting contacted by people who wanted to import. I made friends with a lot of people, advised them on whatever questions they had in mind and helped them during importing process. In time this website grew into an exclusive Turkish Tesla drivers community with close to 100 active Tesla drivers in the country. Bear in mind there are close to 200 in the country but some don't want to be a part of this community. However this sense of community helped many more buy Teslas because they felt secure that if something went wrong the whole community would be with them.

Now this community keeps growing, I have a youtube channel with the same name alongside the blog. I help Tesla owners with their service needs should they need logistics help to send their vehicles to the closest service center in Europe. I sell charging accessories and have become the Tesla authority in the country for advising etc. All the while I work on my day job.

Needless to say I reserved a Model 3 before the reveal as soon as online reservations were opened. I never got close to affording a Model S unfortunately but I will push my self to my absolute limits to get that Model 3. I bought a used '14 BMW i3 while waiting for my Model 3. Honestly I love to besides the range but still many things about it feel conventional. Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of me paying 1000€ towards that dream. Unfortunately due to me being where I am, I'm still at least a year away from achieveing this dream. (Model 3/LR/AWD/PUP/AP to be specific)

In the meantime I made ~12k USD in my Tesla EVangelism business. This isn't my main source of income, just an overt obsession/hobby. I am not an investor or a day trader either but today after seeing the FUD shorters are spreading TSLA stock seems attractive. So I think I've decided to put all my Tesla money to TSLA. In a year it probably won't be worth too much more in contributing to my Model 3 purchase but I'll at least be putting my money where my mouth is. Also, in the rare case that Tesla does go belly up, I'd be glad my money went away with this dream too.

I'm weird right? I know. Even I find this passion to be over the top sometimes but I know I'm not alone. People like us are the evidince why Tesla won't fail.

So TL;DR yes, I'm buying in.

In the meantime I made ~12k USD in my Tesla EVangelism business. This isn't my main source of income, just an overt obsession/hobby. I am not an investor or a day trader either but today after seeing the FUD shorters are spreading TSLA stock seems attractive. So I think I've decided to put all my Tesla money to TSLA. In a year it probably won't be worth too much more in contributing to my Model 3 purchase but I'll at least be putting my money where my mouth is. Also, in the rare case that Tesla does go belly up, I'd be glad my money went away with this dream too.

Congratulations @emir-t on the business and thanks for the story. Great to see a passion turn to income.

Thanks as well to @KarenRei for the well reasoned posts both here and on the Model3OwnersClub site.

Turkish Tesla Ambassador reporting in. Here's my story before we begin;

I'm 26 years old. I've never been a car guy but been excited about tech long as I knew myself. Back in 2012-2013(I was 20-21), when I was in my junior year of uni. I was on exchange in San Francisco. I had this amazing opportunity to live in SF for around 7 months. During that period I got to know Tesla. Seeing it, researching it for even a bit made me realise how everything we thought we knew about cars was a lie. Once you see how obvious this new thing is the way, you just can't believe how every other thing isn't there yet. So I became literally obsessed. I started reading, learning, following everything I could about EVs and Tesla. It became my absolute dream to own one, it still is, one day...

Obsessios pursued when I was back in my country. Last year and a half of uni, then the first year of work life. Everything about me was Tesla. It was rare for anyone to have heard Tesla in my country so I was telling everyone about it. It started annoying my close friends and family because I was connecting every little conversation back to Tesla.

I finally had the chance to ride in a Model S in 2014 when I was in Amsterdam. They didn't allow me to drive it because I was younger than 25 at the time but it grew my interest, an interest that seemed impossible to grow even more. I booked a test drive again during a trip to Milan at the end of 2014 and this time I did get to drive it, because well, Italians... After that test drive seeing how far this obsession was going a friend suggested I should start a Turkish source about Tesla since I knew so much about it.

So I did. First month of 2015 I started a blog called www.teslaturk.com That site grew, I kept writing everything I knew. Of course Tesla doesn't sell cars or service them in Turkey since we're not part of EU but at the first year of the site I kept getting contacted by people who wanted to import. I made friends with a lot of people, advised them on whatever questions they had in mind and helped them during importing process. In time this website grew into an exclusive Turkish Tesla drivers community with close to 100 active Tesla drivers in the country. Bear in mind there are close to 200 in the country but some don't want to be a part of this community. However this sense of community helped many more buy Teslas because they felt secure that if something went wrong the whole community would be with them.

Now this community keeps growing, I have a youtube channel with the same name alongside the blog. I help Tesla owners with their service needs should they need logistics help to send their vehicles to the closest service center in Europe. I sell charging accessories and have become the Tesla authority in the country for advising etc. All the while I work on my day job.

Needless to say I reserved a Model 3 before the reveal as soon as online reservations were opened. I never got close to affording a Model S unfortunately but I will push my self to my absolute limits to get that Model 3. I bought a used '14 BMW i3 while waiting for my Model 3. Honestly I love to besides the range but still many things about it feel conventional. Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of me paying 1000€ towards that dream. Unfortunately due to me being where I am, I'm still at least a year away from achieveing this dream. (Model 3/LR/AWD/PUP/AP to be specific)

I'm weird right? I know. Even I find this passion to be over the top sometimes but I know I'm not alone. People like us are the evidince why Tesla won't fail.

So TL;DR yes, I'm buying in.

Please keep up the good work. Passionate people like yourself is what makes Tesla special.

Reactions: immunogold
I'm new to trading also.

Can someone tell me about the sort of profits you could get?

Lets assume: £2,000 ($3,000), right now when TSLA is at $266.13, and it rises to $383 in 6 months?
How much profit would be gained? Thanks.

Thanks.

I'm new to trading also.

Can someone tell me about the sort of profits you could get?

Lets assume: £2,000 ($3,000), right now when TSLA is at $266.13, and it rises to $383 in 6 months?
How much profit would be gained? Thanks.

Thanks.
its sorta basic math. not to be a ass, but i would not suggest investing if you don't understand the basic concepts of stocks. you can get burned bad.

• Funny
Reactions: Kuhz