Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYND Beyond Meat out of main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a pack and cooked up one of these on a skillet. Texture could use some help, but quite good taste. Browns nicely and gives off a very meat/sausage convincing aroma. Nice to have growing plant-based options like this.
homepage-product-beyondsausage-hot-italian-desktop-2.png

Working on my second Model S and home power needs are fully offset with solar. I recycle everything. Outdoor gardens totally on drip system and more. I have a hard time eating bugs, worms, larvae and other creepy crawlers. Maybe it's a textural thing. I'm not sold on lawn clipping sausages and burgers, even if they come from Costco. I live in the San Gabriel Valley, here in So Cal. We're extremely fortunate to have a diversity of grocery outlets that cater to the needs of all cultures and ethnic groups. I can buy five pounds of excellent ribeyes for the same cost as eight plant burgers ($14.99). Yes, that works out to $2.99 lb. at a number of local Hispanic markets. Sorry folks, I'll take a medium rare ribeye over green grass burgers any day of the week. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

How is not jumping on the Beyond (fake) Meat bandwagon trolling? It's a matter of preference here in an open forum. Burger King and others are selling their own versions of plant-based burgers ('Impossible' Whopper for one), which has only 10% less cholesterol but up to 30% more sodium than a regular Whopper. God only knows what other chemicals they're throwing in the grinder that they will never tell you about. Plant-based 'meat' might be good for the environment but it is also a highly processed food (more salt). What was the saying? It's good to be on the cutting edge (of technology) so long as your throat isn't in front of the sword. No, there's nothing wrong with a plate of steamed fresh vegetables for dinner. Did steamed corn, broccoli, and carrots the other night.

Reactions: wjax and jerry33
How is not jumping on the Beyond (fake) Meat bandwagon trolling? It's a matter of preference here in an open forum. Burger King and others are selling their own versions of plant-based burgers ('Impossible' Whopper for one), which has only 10% less cholesterol but up to 30% more sodium than a regular Whopper. God only knows what other chemicals they're throwing in the grinder that they will never tell you about. Plant-based 'meat' might be good for the environment but it is also a highly processed food (more salt). What was the saying? It's good to be on the cutting edge (of technology) so long as your throat isn't in front of the sword. No, there's nothing wrong with a plate of steamed fresh vegetables for dinner. Did steamed corn, broccoli, and carrots the other night.
As you say. Have been meatless for several decades (Not perfect, I do too much dairy).
pasta, chickpeas (from dried, not canned), various vegetables.
Single batch of bread with fresh milled wheat
pasta_chickpeas.jpg
Dozen.jpg

Being critical of plant based meat substitutes isn’t trolling. But your posts weren’t doing that. Surely you know that.

How is not jumping on the Beyond (fake) Meat bandwagon trolling?

You trolled yourself when your original response touted all the ways you reduce your carbon footprint (assuming that's why you started with those personal, declarative statements):

Working on my second Model S and home power needs are fully offset with solar. I recycle everything. Outdoor gardens totally on drip system and more.

...then immediately launched into denigrating the single greatest way to reduce your carbon footprint (sources below), and even gloated about it:

I'm not sold on lawn clipping sausages and burgers, even if they come from Costco. I can buy five pounds of excellent ribeyes for the same cost as eight plant burgers ($14.99). Yes, that works out to $2.99 lb. at a number of local Hispanic markets. Sorry folks, I'll take a medium rare ribeye over green grass burgers any day of the week. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

How much would giving up meat help the environment?

The No. 1 reason to become a vegan — it’s not about your health

• Love
Reactions: JRP3
You trolled yourself when your original response touted all the ways you reduce your carbon footprint (assuming that's why you started with those personal, declarative statements):

...then immediately launched into denigrating the single greatest way to reduce your carbon footprint (sources below), and even gloated about it:

How much would giving up meat help the environment?

The No. 1 reason to become a vegan — it’s not about your health
The term for that is moral licensing.

First, I do support the environment in many ways but I'm not jumping the the fake meat bandwagon, at least not now.
If you were really as convinced about your stance as you pretend you would not use the qualifier "at least not now". "Fake meat" includes demonstrably fewer harmful compounds than the animal based meat you seem to enjoy as it damages your body.

And no, climate change isn't going to cause the world to end in 10 years.
Of course not. It will however accelerate the alteration of our environment in ways which negatively affect the ability of the human species to exist. Not bad enough for you?

If you were really as convinced about your stance as you pretend you would not use the qualifier "at least not now". "Fake meat" includes demonstrably fewer harmful compounds than the animal based meat you seem to enjoy as it damages your body.

We can agree to disagree on the benefits of "fake" meat. I'm pushing 73 and still going pretty strong with a variety of beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and fish in my diet. I see no need to make changes.