TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CA - CARB Model X Rebate

Discussion in 'California' started by bonnie, Sep 20, 2015.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

2. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Don't they now have an income cutoff? If so, I don't expect many MX owners to be eligible.

3. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

"Don't they now have an income cutoff? If so, I don't expect many MX owners to be eligible."

The cutoff is $250,000. Will disqualify a number of buyers, but plenty will still benefit.

4. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Half right. :) $250K per individual, $500K for a married couple. Or at least that's how I read it... :)

Jeff

5. miimura

miimura Active Member

When does the income cutoff actually take effect?

6. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

from website
    The Air Resources Board (ARB) approved the Fiscal Year 2015-16 AQIP Funding Plan in late June 2015. Several changes to the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) will go into effect approximately four to six months from the approval date, including the following:
    •Income cap for higher-income consumers
    •Increased rebate levels for low-and moderate-income consumers

During the four to six month period while programmatic changes and implementation strategies are being developed, CVRP will continue to operate without the income limit changes. The timing for the implementation of these program changes may be affected by pending low carbon transportation funds.

I did find a business loophole in wording

"Entities that are currently eligible for CVRP rebates include individuals, businesses, government entities, car share service providers, and rental car fleets. Staff proposes to apply the income eligibility limits to individuals only. All other entities (businesses, government entities, etc.) would be exempt from income eligibility and may still apply for CVRP rebates without the income restrictions."