Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin camera and mic; Elon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In post #32 in this thread, I said "here is another thread on this same topic that got as heated as this one is headed to", and it took like 3 more posts before this thread devolved from a discussion about turning on a camera to social economic issues and race bias.

Regardless of where one sits on these topics (fwiw I am african american and have personally experienced in one form or another many of the things that are in the news today), this site.. specifically this section of this site is not for these discussions.

Sure, let's replace car vandalism with theft of an invaluable object out of your car - or homicide where there were no cameras other than someone's Ring. Now what? The point is, I'm sure with 100% certainty there were or will be situations where you'll benefit from "invasions of privacy" and won't care about it then because it was convenient for you.

Why does it matter if third parties or the state has access to cameras mounted on people's doors? They can already track every step you take through your phone and other devices. Personally I'm all for trading data for either personal or societal value whereas the value of keeping personal data private is purely a mental construct.
Nope. Not signing up for it. Not doing business with Ring.

If you want to trade your data freely with people who are killing citizens en-masse, that’s up to you.

I often wished that intelligence, like looks, could be spotted at a distance....maybe a purple sash for genius, red for smart, black for rock stupid, etc...

Since we don't have such a system, you can still identify the rock stupid when they utter the words "white privilege."
Funny you mention that. When people question whether white privilege is real, that’s how we identify racists.

Status
Not open for further replies.