Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary South supercharge location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Info for chargers at Chinook Centre

73D9D8B6-4C9C-4DAF-A246-D7BE7DA82F14.jpeg

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Just learned that there is a Supercharger for store use only at the Calgary service centre nearest to the Chinook Centre (don’t know if there are others)

Just learned that there is a Supercharger for store use only at the Calgary service centre nearest to the Chinook Centre (don’t know if there are others)
Yes, they have a Supercharger at the Service Centre to deal with troubleshooting cars with any kind of Supercharger issues. It's a different unit than you would normally see - it is white-labelled (doesn't have a TESLA logo on it) and has 2 handles so it can supercharge two vehicles at a time.

There are HPWC chargers available at the service centre and at Chinook Centre, though.

I think this is pretty common, but they don't advertise it. There's a single supercharger stall listed on Plugshare (I've argued that it should be de-listed since it's only available during business hours and in cases of emergency.

I've heard that Bellevue, WA service center has one too. Traveling around the US, I often see temporary expansions with these temporary supercharger cabinets on pallets. I'm currently at Corning, CA and they have 2 added stalls like this. I'm pretty sure this is the type of thing the service centres have.

One of the staffs mentioned the new SC will be located at downtown (11 Ave between centre and 1st, in one of the parking lots), and will not be in Chinook. Anyone else heard something similar?
Ok let’s be clear on this. Your staff has no idea how the placeholders work on the Tesla map if you look at this from a map of Canada, this marker would be on the G of Calgary. The only thing that pin means is that the Supercharger will be somewhere in Calgary.
D81A04D3-8FB1-4352-8CAD-ED67E0920C7A.png

"Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary"

Sigh....pretty much giving up on seeing a supercharger in Calgary proper. If there's no news in the next few months, I'll be buying the Chedemo adapter to leverage the Peak-To-Praries DC Fast network.

"Target opening in 2019
Exact timing and specific location may vary"

Sigh....pretty much giving up on seeing a supercharger in Calgary proper. If there's no news in the next few months, I'll be buying the Chedemo adapter to leverage the Peak-To-Praries DC Fast network.
If you join the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta, we have two Chademo adapters we lend out to members for free... visit www.teslaownersalberta.com and there is a signup and calendar of availability for Chademo.

Reactions: Chuq
I've sent Tesla suggestions for a new location at either Aldersyde Petro Canada (hwy 7 & hwy 2) or at High River (hwy 23 & hwy 2) for those traveling southwest from Calgary to go through Crowsnest Pass. Most people take the 540 across to the 22 then South. The 533 from Nanton is good in Summer, but goes over a high pass and often has heavy/blowing snow in Winter which the 540 avoids. I could see Aldersyde being appealing as it would also serve people from Okotoks going into Calgary potentially, but I'd assume they'd not need charging so close to home. High River could serve people traveling from rural areas along hwy 23 SE of Calgary like Vulcan as well as hwy 22 travelers. This would also add another stop between North of Calgary and Fort Macleod where there seems to be a bit of a gap.

Tesla supercharger suggestion page:

Gas stations/service area possible locations linked below.

I posted this in the Fort Macleod supercharger thread as well so hopefully Tesla can get more suggestions for this area from other users that are interested.