Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

calibration after windscreen replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
had my windscreen replaced, and booked by autoglass for a calibration - needed a separate appointment as the one person in the area that can do them wasn’t available on the same day as the windscreen booking. Its due to be done this coming thursday

But my systems all seem fine - I can see the lanes on the tablet, TACC and AP both seem fine. So why do I need a calibration? is it just to tick a box in the system? Should I not be using TACC until its done?

Its all slightly confusing especially as they’re cameras - so if they’re fixed to the car they should be able to still see through the windscreen?

had my windscreen replaced, and booked by autoglass for a calibration - needed a separate appointment as the one person in the area that can do them wasn’t available on the same day as the windscreen booking. Its due to be done this coming thursday

But my systems all seem fine - I can see the lanes on the tablet, TACC and AP both seem fine. So why do I need a calibration? is it just to tick a box in the system? Should I not be using TACC until its done?

Its all slightly confusing especially as they’re cameras - so if they’re fixed to the car they should be able to still see through the windscreen?
Well, they are fixed to the glass, which is why they might need tweaking left/right and up/down for best coverage. When I had my windscreen done the car was driving too far to the left in lanes, once it had been calibrated (by Tesla in my case) then it was fine.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Evening all,

My model S got a nice big crack today from a stone thrown up by a lorry in the next lane.

Given the calibration option is now in the menu do I just get auto glass round then calibrate it myself?

Thanks

Different marque experience, it may be different, but: Land Rover suffered screen crack. National windscreens did replacement under insurance but said LR wouldnt share ADAS coding so we had to book local dealership for calibration. Local dealership quoted £120+VAT…
Windscreen done, 2 days before booked appointment, LR dealer rang to confirm appointment at £190+VAT… you know what, I said we wouldn’t bother. Haven’t had it done and lane keeping etc all fine
It’s a scam