Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calif Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
I'm traveling from AZ to pickup my new M3 a week from today. I currently have personalized CA plates (LUV KWH) that I currently have on my ICE car in Cali awaiting the M3. It is my plan to drive the M3 the following week back to our place in AZ until early April. A couple of questions:
1. How long do the temp tags last.
2. Does the Delivery Center provide plates at delivery?
2. Will the Delivery Center folks handle transferring those personalized plates to the M3? When the replacement plates are received I'd put them on the ICE when we return.

Thanks.

...Bill

Tesla FedEx'ed my regular CA state-issued plates two weeks after I picked up the car...

I have a DMV appointment soon to go in and swap my personalized plates from my van to the Model 3...Then after I get the personalized plate "Attached", I'll fill out the carpool lane sticker application.

Tesla FedEx'ed my regular CA state-issued plates two weeks after I picked up the car...

I have a DMV appointment soon to go in and swap my personalized plates from my van to the Model 3...Then after I get the personalized plate "Attached", I'll fill out the carpool lane sticker application.
Guess I'll just give them my AZ address and do the swap in April when we return.

I'm traveling from AZ to pickup my new M3 a week from today. I currently have personalized CA plates (LUV KWH) that I currently have on my ICE car in Cali awaiting the M3. It is my plan to drive the M3 the following week back to our place in AZ until early April. A couple of questions:
1. How long do the temp tags last.
2. Does the Delivery Center provide plates at delivery?
2. Will the Delivery Center folks handle transferring those personalized plates to the M3? When the replacement plates are received I'd put them on the ICE when we return.

Thanks.

...Bill

For 1. above: I read an article once that Steve Jobs would purchase a new car every six months. The reason was that California allows you to drive without Plates for that period of time. That way he was able to never have the CA plates on his car so no one would be able to identify him while driving. Just a thought.