Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After refreshing my source code for the 127th time in the past 5 hours, Vin:null.

Leaving tomorrow at 8pm, so I guess my chances of getting my M3 are converging to 0.

It makes me angry being angry because this is such a 1st world problem it makes me disgust myself lmaoooo

Everything about this entire process has pissed me off.

After refreshing my source code for the 127th time in the past 5 hours, Vin:null.

Leaving tomorrow at 8pm, so I guess my chances of getting my M3 are converging to 0.

It makes me angry being angry because this is such a 1st world problem it makes me disgust myself lmaoooo

Ha, I feel exactly like you. I want my car now and I'm ticked that I'm being ghosted by my SA but what keeps me calm and actually not frustrated too much is that it's really a first world problem :) If this is the most frustrating thing going on in my life, I'm finishing the year quite well.

Crazy day... Woke up to another day without a vin (ordered Nov 17), then saw the discussion here about inventory cars being available.
My original order was for an SR+ but I had been torn 50-50 between that and the LR AWD. So, after an hour or so of deliberating and getting permission from the wife, I decided to order one of the inventory LR AWD cars.
First, I tried calling the sales and delivery centers to see if they could just transfer my order info and deposit over to the new car, but as usual they were not answering the phone. So I just went ahead and ordered the car on the website from the inventory page.
Next, I log back in to my account expecting to finally have a vin... but no, it just looks like a regular factory order same as my SR+ order, no vin in source either.
I decided to drive over to the delivery center and try to get confirmation that I have been assigned the car so that I can cancel the old order.
I get there and talk to the guy at the front desk, but he says there is no vehicle yet assigned to the order! He tells me to go to the sales office at the factory (5 minutes away), so I do.
I tell them the whole story and the first thing they say is "you should have called us! now you'll lose your deposit!". I decided not to bother telling them that noone ever answers the phone. I explained that I'm not really bothered about the $100, I just want to confirm I have an assigned vehicle. They check everything and confirm I do not!
So next they look in the inventory again and luckily there is still another vehicle matching my spec and they are able to just link it to my order. Their parting words were "Next time you order a Tesla, don't bother with the website, just come here"!

Finally I can login and see a VIN.

Just came here to join the others. Order 10/24, SoCal Burbank, no VIN, no email. I received the inventory email this morning and saw that my exact LR AWD model was available so that was upsetting. I did a quick chat on the website and they assured me that I wasn't forgotten and they're working as quickly as they can to deliver. They even called me from Palo Alto to follow up. I'm not too upset, kind of amusing at this point.

Crazy day... Woke up to another day without a vin (ordered Nov 17), then saw the discussion here about inventory cars being available.
My original order was for an SR+ but I had been torn 50-50 between that and the LR AWD. So, after an hour or so of deliberating and getting permission from the wife, I decided to order one of the inventory LR AWD cars.
First, I tried calling the sales and delivery centers to see if they could just transfer my order info and deposit over to the new car, but as usual they were not answering the phone. So I just went ahead and ordered the car on the website from the inventory page.
Next, I log back in to my account expecting to finally have a vin... but no, it just looks like a regular factory order same as my SR+ order, no vin in source either.
I decided to drive over to the delivery center and try to get confirmation that I have been assigned the car so that I can cancel the old order.
I get there and talk to the guy at the front desk, but he says there is no vehicle yet assigned to the order! He tells me to go to the sales office at the factory (5 minutes away), so I do.
I tell them the whole story and the first thing they say is "you should have called us! now you'll lose your deposit!". I decided not to bother telling them that noone ever answers the phone. I explained that I'm not really bothered about the $100, I just want to confirm I have an assigned vehicle. They check everything and confirm I do not!
So next they look in the inventory again and luckily there is still another vehicle matching my spec and they are able to just link it to my order. Their parting words were "Next time you order a Tesla, don't bother with the website, just come here"!

Finally I can login and see a VIN.

Congrats..and LOL to the "just come here" All us Bay Area peeps should head on over, instead of just ignoring the phones, they will probably just lock the doors on us!

so.....are you going to get the $2k Acceleration Boost?

I so wish the wife would let me swing the LR

Congrats..and LOL to the "just come here" All us Bay Area peeps should head on over, instead of just ignoring the phones, they will probably just lock the doors on us!

so.....are you going to get the $2k Acceleration Boost?

I so wish the wife would let me swing the LR

I hadn't even heard about the acceleration boost! I guess I'll drive it for a while then decide :)

I hadn't even heard about the acceleration boost! I guess I'll drive it for a while then decide :)

Yeah, was just found in source yesterday morning, then started heating up when seen in the fine print, and later in the evening it went live. It makes for a lively forum thread! The best part is that people say they feel the pull even at 40+ so, it is not just a 0-60 number, but more power/pickup/speed through more of the range so you can get out and around cars quicker at freeway speeds

Reactions: davidw76
Vin: Null
Order date 10/25/19
LR AWD Silver on White, 19" Full Auto
Sunnyvale

SA said they will get to us before year end but still nothing and approaching the end of the supposed delivery window. Also called into Tesla and once i got someone on the phone, they said anyone who ordered in October should receive before EoY. Just annoying that it went from early december to by the end of the year after a week.

Vin: Null
Order date 10/25/19
LR AWD Silver on White, 19" Full Auto
Sunnyvale

SA said they will get to us before year end but still nothing and approaching the end of the supposed delivery window. Also called into Tesla and once i got someone on the phone, they said anyone who ordered in October should receive before EoY. Just annoying that it went from early december to by the end of the year after a week.

My SA straight up lied to me 3-4 times.

no VIN
no text or emails
LR AWD ordered 10/18!
I felt like I had the best success with Chatting on the Tesla website with someone and they would always tell me "Someone will call you soon" and 95% of the time someone called within an hour. Sometimes when they'd call they'd have some new information, sometimes they wouldn't know anything new but it was nice to talk to someone...haha.

Since tomorrow is my last day in California, I was thinking of dropping in to the Fremont factory and ask them if they have any SR+ of any color with any interior and any wheel laying around.

Either they have something or I'll have to wait until March.

What do you think of this hail mary strategy lmao?

10/25 Order date for delivery to Costa Mesa. Other than automated, general, messages that have been going out to everyone, NO UPDATES on the status of the car. NO VIN. The car better be great -- the delivery has been a terrible experience so far.

SR+ white/black aero

The whole process is
Lots of white interior deliveries

Has anyone in the Bay Area taken delivery of a white interior model 3?

Sigh - my exact configuration is listed in existing inventory at the delivery center where I'm supposed to pick up my car. Asked to be switched to that car and was told if I did -- even though I have no VIN yet -- that I'd be bumped to the bottom of the list for deliveries and wouldn't get the car this year most likely. And that I should just wait for a VIN from Tesla. Makes no sense???

Since tomorrow is my last day in California, I was thinking of dropping in to the Fremont factory and ask them if they have any SR+ of any color with any interior and any wheel laying around.

Either they have something or I'll have to wait until March.

What do you think of this hail mary strategy lmao?

Thats a good idea, but depends on the person you talk to and the amount of rush there.

Last week I went on a sunday evening, around 6pm, and there were just a couple of people poking around.
The lady SA who first met me wasn't at all helpful and was trying to shoo me away.

A bystander SA there was listening in and he jumped up to help me out, he let me take a look at the inventory list he sees on his laptop (which is way different, cause same time Public website said 0 cars available, but his portal had about 20 in bay area and Sacramento). Unfortunately, at that time, there were no black interiors SR+ listed so I had to make a hard pass.
But he was super helpful and very kind to talk to.

PS: Mention you're THE Techlead (I hope you know the reference), and they'll do you good :D

• Informative
Reactions: Techlead13