Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wait is over. Finally got the delivery text. Obviously my story has a happy ending (so far) so I'm definitely looking at the situation optimistically, but I can say Jared (my SA) never lied, never led me on - whenever I would joke that he was going to be happy to be done having me bug him he'd say "nah, this is a strange process, it's our job to guide you through it" - so take my experience as a little fable of hope that if your SA said you'd get your car by EOY, you will.

Going to go post the raw data in the other thread, but below are my stats so you can do some math on your own wait.

Thank you all for your company during this weirdly stressful/exciting/shamefully first world time.

Looking forward to seeing you at a supercharger. I'll be the guy with two little girls in the backseat kicking that beautiful leather with all their might and rain boots on.

LR White Black Int 19"
Ordered: 11/1
Delivery Window Text: 12/17
VIN in Source 12/21 AM
Delivery Confirmation Text 12/21 PM
Delivery Date: 12/24
Delivery Center: Santa Barbara

Great taste!! I’ve been refreshing the page like an addict, and it just came in. Don’t give up hope, I feel like our cars will be part of the same run.

LOL me too! Just did it again

34A51EFA-E5E2-4DD4-B274-1C0E8710D521.gif

Just got a text, and a VIN assignment. Made a delivery appointment for 9:30AM on 12/24 in Burbank.

Ordered on 11/10:
SR+
Blue/black
19" sport wheels

Please excuse me, I'm new to this whole thing, but I have questions and would love some advice:

1) I'm now able to view the Lending Agreement and Order Agreement. For some reason, it shows my VIN as already having 50 miles on it. Why on earth would that be the case? Does anyone else have experience with their allegedly fresh out of the factory M3 getting miles on it like that?

2) Is there by chance a good checklist or resource for people going to inspect their new M3's? Maybe a thread you can direct me to? I'm frankly pretty shocked at how many issues people seem to have with their new Teslas, cosmetic or otherwise. So I don't want to miss anything.

3) Is there any advantage or disadvantage to paying your initial amount due beforehand rather than in-person?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

Reactions: house9 and eurcynia
Omg how is this even legal?! What type of IT glitch?!
Somehow the trade got accepted before my paperwork got started so it halted the entire automated process. They can't reverse it so it had to get escalated. Couldn't take home car today but they gave me a Performance S loaner and threw in a wall charger. Planning for home delivery in the morning once paperwork gets resolved. Thanks to Ryan at Costa Mesa, my faith in Tesla is restored. He even followed up with this email, frustrating service at the beginning but 110% customer service at the end.
20191221_221345.jpg

Somehow the trade got accepted before my paperwork got started so it halted the entire automated process. They can't reverse it so it had to get escalated. Couldn't take home car today but they gave me a Performance S loaner and threw in a wall charger. Planning for home delivery in the morning once paperwork gets resolved. Thanks to Ryan at Costa Mesa, my faith in Tesla is restored. He even followed up with this email, frustrating service at the beginning but 110% customer service at the end.View attachment 491347
Oh that’s great that they were able to get you into a loaner car and that it will all get fixed! Unfortunate that it happened that way.

....1) I'm now able to view the Lending Agreement and Order Agreement. For some reason, it shows my VIN as already having 50 miles on it. Why on earth would that be the case? Does anyone else have experience with their allegedly fresh out of the factory M3 getting miles on it like that?....

50 miles on the form is standard for the paperwork. It gives them room to test drive the vehicle and move it if necessary. The 50 miles more than covers anything. Most people will have actual mileage at delivery of a couple of miles to 20 maybe. Not anything to be concerned about. It is a question most people ask about.

Just got a text, and a VIN assignment. Made a delivery appointment for 9:30AM on 12/24 in Burbank.

Ordered on 11/10:
SR+
Blue/black
19" sport wheels

Please excuse me, I'm new to this whole thing, but I have questions and would love some advice:

1) I'm now able to view the Lending Agreement and Order Agreement. For some reason, it shows my VIN as already having 50 miles on it. Why on earth would that be the case? Does anyone else have experience with their allegedly fresh out of the factory M3 getting miles on it like that?

2) Is there by chance a good checklist or resource for people going to inspect their new M3's? Maybe a thread you can direct me to? I'm frankly pretty shocked at how many issues people seem to have with their new Teslas, cosmetic or otherwise. So I don't want to miss anything.

3) Is there any advantage or disadvantage to paying your initial amount due beforehand rather than in-person?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

I have the same appointment time! See you there!

1) 50 miles is the default they put on all loan applications. My guess is your car will have about 8 miles when you pick it up.
2) Yes, there are several. The one I found and plan to use is here.
3) I am wondering the same, but from what I read most people advise to wait and pay upon inspection.

Just got a text from Tesla.
We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/24. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RN109XXXXXX Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.