Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys...we’ve got VIN IN SOURCE!

D16583E8-9C83-4C0C-B087-CACDA6929426.gif

Whenever I get mine, I’ll be immediately installing a pair of car seats and unleashing my kids on the beautiful white interior! :D

What could go wrong...
Haha...as soon as I got mine I went to a family dinner and everyone wanted to take a seat in mine...including all of the kids who were out playing in the dirt and climbing trees. I had to get over getting a little bit of dirt and mud in my brand new car pretty quickly...

Oh man hope it works out . i am in Carlsbad too ,. If there is anything i can help you with please message me . I can go to the store for you or something
The dates I got to pick it up are right in the middle of our trip. I gave my sales person those dates and told them we'd be out of town, and I replied to tesla with the dates I could not take the car... So it sounds like to me tesla is going to make me cancel a trip to work around there schedule.

I got the delivery text this morning at 0824. It says my car is being born and will leave the factory 12/27.

The only day available for pickup was one of the dates I marked unavailable. It’s hard for me to change my work schedule so hopefully someone working New Year’s Eve will trade (Labor and delivery RN). Otherwise i picked the earliest available and hope there’s no weather delays going home!

Ordered: 11/25
SR+ MSM, black interior, no FSD
VIN: null

Scheduled Delivery: 12/27 AM at Santa Barbara

Reactions: ZappCatt
Xmas Eve delivery in Dublin!!!

Ordered: 10/15
P model in white
Mine is the 26th in Dublin. Do you think it would be available sooner if we took delivery in Fremont? When I ordered, I chose Fremont, which I think was the only choice. I talked to a Dublin advisor the day after my order just to clarify the process and he mentioned something about Dublin delivery, so I guess he changed it. Afraid to make ANY changes at this point :eek:

Reactions: SaloonGoon
I got the delivery text this morning at 0824. It says my car is being born and will leave the factory 12/27.

The only day available for pickup was one of the dates I marked unavailable. It’s hard for me to change my work schedule so hopefully someone working New Year’s Eve will trade (Labor and delivery RN). Otherwise i picked the earliest available and hope there’s no weather delays going home!

Ordered: 11/25
SR+ MSM, black interior, no FSD
VIN: null

Scheduled Delivery: 12/27 AM at Santa Barbara

Ugh same build but ordered a day before you and nothing. Super annoying.

I have the same appointment time! See you there!

1) 50 miles is the default they put on all loan applications. My guess is your car will have about 8 miles when you pick it up.
2) Yes, there are several. The one I found and plan to use is here.
3) I am wondering the same, but from what I read most people advise to wait and pay upon inspection.

Great info, thanks. See you there indeed!

Got the text for the appt, but then the page said no open slots to take delivery, argh!

That is nutty...I noticed the text(hour after receiving it) after you, but had an almost full slate of options for delivery on the 26th and 27th. There was not a slot for 12 pm on the 27th, and I took the 12th on the 26th.

I wonder if you need to keep hitting that page? Maybe they have slots reserved for "higher priority-whatever that means" purchasers, and once they select one, a potential which was being held for them would open up.

Maybe triple check that you refresh the browser and click on the 26th or 27th(the 2 dates mentioned for Bay Area deliveries in the thread today) GOOD LUCK!

Mine is the 26th in Dublin. Do you think it would be available sooner if we took delivery in Fremont? When I ordered, I chose Fremont, which I think was the only choice. I talked to a Dublin advisor the day after my order just to clarify the process and he mentioned something about Dublin delivery, so I guess he changed it. Afraid to make ANY changes at this point :eek:

I wouldn’t change anything at this point

Reactions: Tech5150
I wouldn’t change anything at this point

I wouldn’t either. They are working very hard (hundreds of deliveries a day at delivery locations if you read the threads) and it just causes more work for them and if you want your car this year sticking with your appointment as is is your best bet. I’m betting your car has already been assigned to a carrier and the delivery center has fit you and your car (need to have parking space for it) in on their calendar so trying to switch locations will cause logistics problems for them along with scheduling appointments.

• Informative
Reactions: SaloonGoon