Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text, and a VIN assignment. Made a delivery appointment for 9:30AM on 12/24 in Burbank.

Ordered on 11/10:
SR+
Blue/black
19" sport wheels

Please excuse me, I'm new to this whole thing, but I have questions and would love some advice:

1) I'm now able to view the Lending Agreement and Order Agreement. For some reason, it shows my VIN as already having 50 miles on it. Why on earth would that be the case? Does anyone else have experience with their allegedly fresh out of the factory M3 getting miles on it like that?

2) Is there by chance a good checklist or resource for people going to inspect their new M3's? Maybe a thread you can direct me to? I'm frankly pretty shocked at how many issues people seem to have with their new Teslas, cosmetic or otherwise. So I don't want to miss anything.

3) Is there any advantage or disadvantage to paying your initial amount due beforehand rather than in-person?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

1. All our agreements will state 50 miles. Just their process, as the cars will have a bit of miles (driven off the factory floor, loaded unloaded off trucks, etc.). Mine stated 50 but had 8 miles on it.

2. I used this one yesterday. Very thorough. mykeln/teslaprep

3. None at all. I recommend that you pay at delivery after you fully inspect the vehicle.

Just got a text from Tesla.
We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/24. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RN109XXXXXX Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.
I just got the same thing and scheduled my delivery appointment

We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/24. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RN109XXXXXX Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.

Hi , whats your order date and your trim

Just got my email too.
San Diego
M3 LR AWD 19"
White/Black
Ordered: 11/17
Production: 12/28 (tentative)
Pickup: 12/30 (tentative)

Looks like us Californios have to deal with soft paint.

1) as already having 50 miles on it.

1. Mine stated 50 but had 8 miles on it.

Picked mine up yesterday, also stated 50 but only had 3.

2) a good checklist or resource for people going to inspect their new M3's?

2. I used this one yesterday. Very thorough. mykeln/teslaprep

I used mykeln checklist as well, great check list, its in markdown, so I could easily edit it and skip printing the top and bottom portions. If you don't know markdown the one jmcmill referenced might print better? No pre-ample.

3) Is there any advantage or disadvantage to paying your initial amount due beforehand rather than in-person?

3. None at all. I recommend that you pay at delivery after you fully inspect the vehicle.

Online it allowed paying by ACH (bank account) or said bring cashiers check. I believe in California you can also pay with personal check but don't quote me on that. I ended up paying ahead of time via ACH, but like others have said that might not be the smartest thing to do if you have to reject the delivery.

I was super happy with my build, only things I noticed during delivery:
- small scuff on center console area, probably going to wrap that anyway and it was very minor
- if you are sitting in rear seats there is a small gap at top corner of door seals (both sides) on the inside, its a small pucker and does not bother me a bit; guessing it is normal.
- there is minor panel gap from front door chrome trim to rear door transition, but this is so minor it doesn't bother me a single bit, just mentioning it for OCD reasons.

Car had 80% charge, I had 77 mile drive home, was at 56% when I arrived. Used adaptive cruise control some but haven't tried auto pilot yet. This car is sick!

--

One thing I did notice driving home is scuffing on the outside of the glass:
- bottom wind shield near the middle
- bottom passenger side
But I can't see it unless the sun hits it a certain angle while driving.
I tried to find it once I got home but I can't see it? Need to take for another spin and see how bad it actually is.

Overall I am very happy with the car. At the end of the day its just a car, unfortunately a very expensive one (had to have that extra range), this is definitely the biggest purchase I will ever make in my life besides buying a home.

Costa Mesa here, today was delivery day. so not only did they make me sign my trade title over with low ball offer, they can't sell me my Model 3 because of IT glitch. So now I don't have my trade in car and I don't have my Model 3. i waited in my new car for 5 hours hoping they would figure it out... no luck. They ubered me home. I'm car less... I have no words....
Did they quote you an online offer originally? Isn't that binding for 30 days? How much lower? Did they resolve this for you? That's crazy...