Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you call Fremont and give them RN number and get a Good SA , they can look up order and see when it is expected to come out of Factory.
I plan to give them a call this afternoon to see if I can get any more info. I ordered 10/31 with Fremont delivery and I have no VIN and no delivery text as of now. I am ok if it comes on 12/31, I just want some word of confidence that it will happen.

Your mileage may vary calling in. Ordered my SR+ on 10/25, got a VIN on 12/21... no other communication from Tesla. Called in this morning and was told "The vehicle hasn't been built yet. You will probably get it next week."

That is so garbage. I'm sorry.

How so? You don't think cars being built each week in the thousands can't make it to Southern Calif in two days? They will be delivering hundreds of cars each day until 1/1 up until Midnight each day.

Reactions: Fred42
How so? You don't think cars being built each week in the thousands can't make it to Southern Calif in two days? They will be delivering hundreds of cars each day until 1/1 up until Midnight each day.

It's garbage that people who ordered as late as the 14th already got their cars and now it looks like tesla won't be able to deliver to people who have been waiting months in california, and the lack of information besides it might be here before the 31st is unacceptable on any purchase much less a ~50k car

It's garbage that people who ordered as late as the 14th already got their cars and now it looks like tesla won't be able to deliver to people who have been waiting months in california, and the lack of information besides it might be here before the 31st is unacceptable on any purchase much less a ~50k car
Exactly. Watching people who ordered late in December get their deliveries 3 days later is bs. And the SA rolling their eyes like THEY are tired of hearing us too.

Here's another thing I can't understand about how Tesla conducts themselves:

I received an email some days ago, describing how they had certain cars available for "immediate delivery". When I chatted with a Tesla rep (who was uninformed AND arrogant, quite the combination) I found out that the cars which supposedly were "available for immediate delivery" really aren't available.... they are in production.....

In other words: Tesla outright lied. I can't find any other way of describing what happened. They willfully and deliberately lied.

I ordered one of those cars on 12/19 and have delivery set for 12/29. That's obviously a much better experience than the people who have been waiting without any update since October/November (as I have been on my original order).

I agree with you though, describing those cars as "inventory" and "available for immediate delivery" was obviously wrong. I don't think there was anything malicious about it. Probably they were just anticipating spare inventory of certain configurations by EoY and they used the "inventory" page to let customers know about the opportunity to order one. At least that's what one SA told me later.

The crazy thing was, none of the Tesla people I talked to when I ordered it were able to explain this. They all gave different stories and couldn't understand why people ordering them were not getting VINs immediately. Communication within Tesla is definitely not optimal.

Date order : 11/11. White SR+ B & W interior. 18" Aero. No VIN no text.

But I received call from SA two weeks ago for following up. Just called SA again now and he said there will be two batches of cars coming out from Fremont. 1st batch is tomorrow and 2nd is 26th. Their delivery team will try to fill the SoCal order placed before December with these 2 batches. He is certainly that we will get a call by tomorrow or on 26th if there is a match. He is sure if there is no match for these 2 upcoming build then we may not be able to get the car by EoY. He said if this is the situation for us then they will think of other options from there.

But I received call from SA two weeks ago for following up. Just called SA again now and he said there will be two batches of cars coming out from Fremont. 1st batch is tomorrow and 2nd is 26th. Their delivery team will try to fill the SoCal order placed before December with these 2 batches. He is certainly that we will get a call by tomorrow or on 26th if there is a match. He is sure if there is no match for these 2 upcoming build then we may not be able to get the car by EoY. He said if this is the situation for us then they will think of other options from there.

scary . Did he provide any indication on what these “other options” might be . Hopefully it doesn’t come to that

thank you

This post does not make me feel better. Those "options" better be substantial, but I doubt they will be... sigh...

order 10/31 for a red sr+, got a vin on the 20th with a mvpa in account. messaged my sa and she scheduled a pick up date for 12/26. the following day i messaged her about what time on the 26th i will be picking up the vehicle due to not receiving a text message about pick up. then she tells me that vin that was assigned to me has now been removed and that i will have to wait for another vin to be assigned to me. so i dont even kno if im put in the back ive the line waitng for a new vin or even if ill make it to the eoy because delivery dates are being filled quickly.

I myself am waiting on a year end delivery.
I hope Tesla succeeds.

If they don’t, it’s not because they were working against me on purpose.

Cars being completed today are still headed to Oregon and Washington.

CA people can likely take delivery of a car that was built on the 28th by end of year.

That’s five days from now. I don’t run Tesla logistics in California but I would certainly have analysts scanning the queue 24/7 including Christmas to prioritize and constantly reprioritize.

If a bum like me has a solution for them, the odds are the company has one as well.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
order 10/31 for a red sr+, got a vin on the 20th with a mvpa in account. messaged my sa and she scheduled a pick up date for 12/26. the following day i messaged her about what time on the 26th i will be picking up the vehicle due to not receiving a text message about pick up. then she tells me that vin that was assigned to me has now been removed and that i will have to wait for another vin to be assigned to me. so i dont even kno if im put in the back ive the line waitng for a new vin or even if ill make it to the eoy because delivery dates are being filled quickly.

damn that sucks .. is your pick up in Carlsbad ?

Thank you

I'm seriously doubting that I will get my car(s) this year.

10/31 order LR AWD pearl white b/w interior 18" aero wheels
12/19 order pre-production LR AWD metallic blue b/w interior 19" sport wheels

NOTHING on both

Maybe If i purchase every pre-production car they'll finally notice.

**Waiting for an apologist to tell me how I'm in the wrong

Last edited: