Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
order 10/31 for a red sr+, got a vin on the 20th with a mvpa in account. messaged my sa and she scheduled a pick up date for 12/26. the following day i messaged her about what time on the 26th i will be picking up the vehicle due to not receiving a text message about pick up. then she tells me that vin that was assigned to me has now been removed and that i will have to wait for another vin to be assigned to me. so i dont even kno if im put in the back ive the line waitng for a new vin or even if ill make it to the eoy because delivery dates are being filled quickly.
Welcome to the sh*t show. I sincerely feel for you. I've been waiting about a week longer than you and am in approximately the same position -- i.e. no car and a week left in the year with no real indication that I'll have a car in the next week.

Reactions: tren01t
Welcome to the sh*t show. I sincerely feel for you. I've been waiting about a week longer than you and am in approximately the same position -- i.e. no car and a week left in the year with no real indication that I'll have a car in the next week.
Sh*t show for sure. This is the worst car buying experience among all the cars I have purchased. Tesla has been known for not keeping their promise in time and this car delivery chaos didn't surprise me. But they need to keep up with their game since other car manufacturer don't do the same thing as Tesla did.

Reactions: tren01t
Finally got my delivery text!
Friday 12/27 12:30 Carlsbad, Ca.
3kbn30.gif

I posted a day or two ago and mentioned that although I made an appointment to pick up car on 12/30 (ordered 11/3), My SA was able to match me with a car and scheduled delivery for today at 11:30. Seamless process, fast, exciting. Love the car, no major defects noted upon delivery but I got one of the loud ones with loud wind noise - quite loud to ignore. I will have to scour forums for door seal information.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, delivery guy was helping from the Mission Viejo store. He said they have tons of cars coming in through the end of the year. Hope everyone gets their christmas/new years gift ASAP.

I'm seriously doubting that I will get my car(s) this year.

10/31 order LR AWD pearl white b/w interior 18" aero wheels
12/19 order pre-production LR AWD metallic blue b/w interior 19" sport wheels

NOTHING on both

Maybe If i purchase every pre-production car they'll finally notice.

**Waiting for an apologist to tell me how I'm in the wrong

Maybe it's the b/w interiors?

I was seriously considering ordering one of each of the available configurations in "inventory" just to maximize my chances of getting a car by EoY.

Kind of makes sense if it makes the difference between getting the tax credit or not.

Already scheduled my delivery, but also got this email:

Grammatical errors in this email tell me someone rushed to get this email template made and sent out OR they have little quality oversight on delivery team comms / ops. Neither instills confidence. Btw, I got a delivery text but no email like this. The randomness of communications and lack of standards is very early-stage startup. Figured they'd have nailed this part by now...

My husband had the same reaction! when you pick them up you trade the issued plates

You actually don't even need issued plates. I ordered mine almost two months ago (when I ordered the car) b/c DMV said it would take 10-12 weeks to produce. Tesla only issues temp plates, so assuming you get your custom license plate before your 90 day temp plates are up you just pick them up from the DMV in exchange for the temps.

I posted a day or two ago and mentioned that although I made an appointment to pick up car on 12/30 (ordered 11/3), My SA was able to match me with a car and scheduled delivery for today at 11:30. Seamless process, fast, exciting. Love the car, no major defects noted upon delivery but I got one of the loud ones with loud wind noise - quite loud to ignore. I will have to scour forums for door seal information.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, delivery guy was helping from the Mission Viejo store. He said they have tons of cars coming in through the end of the year. Hope everyone gets their christmas/new years gift ASAP.
You should report the wind noise. They previously changed the door seals to address that.

You actually don't even need issued plates. I ordered mine almost two months ago (when I ordered the car) b/c DMV said it would take 10-12 weeks to produce. Tesla only issues temp plates, so assuming you get your custom license plate before your 90 day temp plates are up you just pick them up from the DMV in exchange for the temps.

Good to know. Ordered legacy plates back in Oct along with the car... no car still, but plates are in lol