Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was supposed to be today at 12:30

They called 2 hours ago to let me know my car is stuck on it's carrier somewhere. I've been rescheduled to tomorrow at 3 PM.

As pissed off as I am, even Tesla can't be blamed for weather conditions.

They *can* however, in my opinion, be blamed for doing such a poor job setting and managing expectation and consistently under-communicating during the time from order to delivery.

They *can* also be blamed for running THIS close to the deadline and cramming THIS many cars into the process that even a (in the greater scheme of things, small) weather delay seriously upsets the apple cart.

They called 2 hours ago to let me know my car is stuck on it's carrier somewhere. I've been rescheduled to tomorrow at 3 PM.

They *can* however, in my opinion, be blamed for doing such a poor job setting and managing expectation and consistently under-communicating during the time from order to delivery.

They *can* also be blamed for running THIS close to the deadline and cramming THIS many cars into the process that even a (in the greater scheme of things, small) weather delay seriously upsets the apple cart.
Where were you scheduled to deliver at. Your right Tesla doesn't control the weather. But I'm pissed that they waited this long to deliver my car that i ordered Oct5th. Especially when others who ordered as late as this month have taken delivery already.

Well next year there won't be any Federal Tax Credits as they will have all expired for Tesla sales this year. I'm assuming that is what is causing the panic for many waiting for their cars. So next year it won't matter to people if they get their cars delivered in December 2020 or into January 2021.

Why hello Californians... I've apparently been following the wrong chat thread, I'll come join here to rant. :)

Nov 16 for SR+ red/white/18 in in San Diego, for Carlsbad pickup. Still no VIN, no delivery date. Last Wednesday I had gotten the text saying "thank you for confirming your availability" and that I should get another text in the next several days with delivery timeline........ nothing. :x

my SA guaranteed that for sure my car would be before EOY, but with each passing day, I doubt it more and more. I should think Tesla should drop 1875 off the price for anyone who ordered in time yet still didn't get the car... but shrugs. I'll just cancel if not.

Given the 5 is closed southbound due to snow (since last night when CHP shut it down), I'm sure the delivery centers in southern Calif don't know when trailers with cars will be delivered right now. And sure they are very well aware of how many days are left until the end of the year. Question is, that probably no one can answer right now, is where the car carriers are on 5? Hopefully they made it thru before the highway was closed. I feel for anyone that has to travel 5 during the winter. Not something we have to deal with here in the SF Bay area.

According to Apple Maps the segment from Frazier Mountain Park Road shut down at 9:44am this morning. A segment starting further south near Pyramid Lake shut down South at 9:05am. No update for opening yet for either segment. The Grapevine area does appear to be open though. 5 opens up just north of Santa Clarita.
Thanks for the information, really appreciate. I hope they can at least tell me when my car will schedule to be build or are they going to try to match an inventory car to me. The thing is I still don't have VIN nor delivery text yet. As per said from my SA three days ago my car hasn't been built. 11/12 ordered. People have plans for their holiday season, they cannot just wait there for a non confirm answer/schedule just because of lacking communication from the day 1 order been placed. I hope they can let me know I will not have a car by EOY and I will just travel to somewhere else as scheduled. Now I am stucked with an uncertainty schedule. @@

Reactions: Krytron
Why hello Californians... I've apparently been following the wrong chat thread, I'll come join here to rant. :)

Nov 16 for SR+ red/white/18 in in San Diego, for Carlsbad pickup. Still no VIN, no delivery date. Last Wednesday I had gotten the text saying "thank you for confirming your availability" and that I should get another text in the next several days with delivery timeline........ nothing. :x

my SA guaranteed that for sure my car would be before EOY, but with each passing day, I doubt it more and more. I should think Tesla should drop 1875 off the price for anyone who ordered in time yet still didn't get the car... but shrugs. I'll just cancel if not.
I will certainly ask for $1875 price cut if they fail to give me a car by EOY. They need to get this right if that's the case.

Reactions: sslack18
I'm getting nervous. My delivery is scheduled for noon today and have not heard anything since the VIN showed up in my account on 12/24. After I submitted payment on my account last night, The page reverted and no longer shows my VIN or delivery appointment and would not let me quote with Tesla insurance. I did receive an email from Tesla confirming the payment. Thinking positive but pretty sure nobody will be showing up at noon and I'm going to have to call Tesla to find out delivery has been delayed.
Any update? My noon delivery today has come and gone(currently 12:51pm) with NO WORD at all. My Tesla account has VIN:null, and I the estimate of 4-6 weeks from order.
GRRR..

I just contacted the Carlsbad Delivery Center to inform that I won’t be able to make to my pickup date on the 31st due to unexpected circumstances, thus this order(vehicle) will be unassigned from my account. I placed my white SR+ on December 11th and received my Vin and the purchase document three days ago. I’ll place another order of the Model 3 sometimes in January when I return to Carlsbad and may picking up an inventory. Happy holidays Guys