Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope everyone in this thread gets their car by EOY but if it turns into January you're still getting a great car at a price that's only possible because of Tesla's efforts, and hopefully you'll enjoy it for years.

I'm not sure a great car would make up for waiting 10 weeks, with no info given, missed delivery dates, etc. I can forgive growing pains if it seems a company cares about it's customers and ultimately do what is right. IE, provide a discount to makeup for missed federal tax credit.

Car came in today!
11/16 order date
12/22 vin in source
12/26 delivery to my house
M3P

The guy who dropped of the car was super friendly, but was new to the process. Apparently Tesla is recruiting volunteers from different parts of the company to do deliveries - ie my delivery guy was from the manufacturing department, but he volunteered to do deliveries today (his day off) which they get bonus pay for. I live close to the Fremont Factory, so that makes sense.

I gave him a gift card to say thanks - and he was super appreciative (I knew ahead of time volunteers were doing deliveries).

He forgot to take my cashiers check for what was due, so I'm going to stop by the showroom today to drop it off. No biggie, excited to get out and drive the car anyway.

Wishing loads of luck to everyone still hoping to get their delivery by EOY!!

Untitled.jpg

I hope everyone in this thread gets their car by EOY but if it turns into January you're still getting a great car at a price that's only possible because of Tesla's efforts, and hopefully you'll enjoy it for years.

I respect your opinion, but I will be LIVVID if Tesla fails to deliver on the commitment which I PAID FOR (Delivery before EOY). The cars merits (of which there are many) aside, Tesla is only getting away with this super frustrating customer experience because there is no viable competition.

If I could walk in to a, for example, Audi dealership and get a comparable Audi EV at a comparable price and drive away within a few hours, then I would never in a million years subject myself to the emotional roller coaster it has been to try to buy a Tesla.

If I could walk in to a, for example, Audi dealership and get a comparable Audi EV at a comparable price and drive away within a few hours, then I would never in a million years subject myself to the emotional roller coaster it has been to try to buy a Tesla.

Um, I think many of us would do the same. But you can’t, and so that’s why we are all here.

I'm not sure a great car would make up for waiting 10 weeks, with no info given, missed delivery dates, etc. I can forgive growing pains if it seems a company cares about it's customers and ultimately do what is right. IE, provide a discount to makeup for missed federal tax credit.
Honestly, for me anyway it will be worth it. Ordered Oct 5th, no comms until Dec 20th when i was told it would roll out of the factory on the 23rd. Scheduled to pick up at 930 this morning, rescheduled at 830 after i had already driven 1.5 hrs through a snow storm to get there early. Now scheduled to pick up tomorrow and that window is looking more and more dim as I5 is still closed southbound. If i get it before the 31st, cool, if not thats just they way it is. I’ll still enjoy the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: sslack18 and Fred42
welp, without warning, they have moved my delivery day to 12/29 without telling me. The problem is I am traveling the 29th to the 3rd, as I told them. I am sitting on hold right now waiting to talk to someone.

edit> wow so after being on hold for a few minutes, a computer comes on and tells me the online chat option and hangs up on me. I guess I will keep calling until I get a person,.

I respect your opinion, but I will be LIVVID if Tesla fails to deliver on the commitment which I PAID FOR (Delivery before EOY). The cars merits (of which there are many) aside, Tesla is only getting away with this super frustrating customer experience because there is no viable competition.

What is this comparable Audi Ev you speak of?

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
How did it go?
It went well! Only found two tiny paint chip areas but over all it was quick and easy. Our SA Amanda was great at taking the time to explain everything and help setup functions. 5 miles on the books at delivery. Happy camper

Attachments

• 72BAB757-1CC2-4EB8-8B01-ABDC285237F3.jpeg
    72BAB757-1CC2-4EB8-8B01-ABDC285237F3.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 75D3F785-6AC9-40D7-81E2-670F12131D16.jpeg
    75D3F785-6AC9-40D7-81E2-670F12131D16.jpeg
    712.6 KB · Views: 43
Yep, but not sure why some supporters use it as an exscuse for poor customer service from Tesla. Having a superior product should not mean abandoning basic level customer service.
You are correct. Its unfortunate that Tesla’s communication is subpar and if not correct it will catch up to them when their is real competition in the market.

I am sure that Tesla will try to deliver all the cars they make by EOY to Northern California. I-5 was blocked more than a day and all scheduled deliveries in So Cal are delayed. Tesla will give up So Cal deliveries due to "natural disaster" and pour all the cars supposed to head south in Northern California. They have been doing this "methodology" and will do again.

I am thinking of making new order for Fremont delivery now. I will get delivery by EOY.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kilotango74
Yep, but not sure why some supporters use it as an exscuse for poor customer service from Tesla. Having a superior product should not mean abandoning basic level customer service.

We don’t. We all go through the same evolution as we become Tesla owners. We learn that Tesla makes great cars and does not have great service. You just haven’t made it over to the other side yet. You still want a great car and great service. When you get to the other side you just accept what is and stop getting frustrated by it. That’s not the same as making excuses for it.