Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to those who are receiving their vehicles! Can anyone who has recently taken delivery check their headlights to see if MY’s are being delivered with the updated headlights. M3’s are beginning to be delivered with them, and I’m curious if the MY’s have stared receiving the updated headlights as well. I've included a close up photo of the updated headlights on a M3 for reference.
No clue which ones are the “new” ones but mine look like the ones on the white car you posted.

Picked up today @ Buena Park! It was very crowded!

Order 11/22
VIN 12/21
Pick up 12/23

VIN 90xxx

LR White on Black Gemini No FSD No Tow

No new headlights.

No PPF, I can 99% guarantee that it's the bumper molding which look kinda like a PPF is on there

All body panels are perfect. Rear seats didn't fold down with button in the cargo area, so they took the car to the back and adjusted which works flawless.

Other than that people at Buena Park are very helpful!

Good luck to you guys!

a>

VMKZ7hL

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Reactions: rxlawdude
Picked up today @ Buena Park! It was very crowded!

Order 11/22
VIN 12/21
Pick up 12/23

VIN 90xxx

No new headlights.

All body panels are perfect. Rear seats didn't fold down with button in the cargo area, so they took the car to the back and adjusted which works flawless.

Other than that people at Buena Park are very helpful!

Good luck to you guys!
Congratulations on your new MY! I’ll be picking up at Buena Park pretty soon too (At least I hope, still no VIN lol) Glad to hear you had a good experience there though.

Reactions: jm9ism
Congratulations on your new MY! I’ll be picking up at Buena Park pretty soon too (At least I hope, still no VIN lol) Glad to hear you had a good experience there though.

Only saw 2 MYP there at the location. Saw a bunch on the truck though, looks like they are working at full speed to get everything out before the end of the quarter. Also the delivery location is off-site, don't be like me who went straight to the showroom lol

• Informative
Reactions: N00bMaster69
Only saw 2 MYP there at the location. Saw a bunch on the truck though, looks like they are working at full speed to get everything out before the end of the quarter. Also the delivery location is off-site, don't be like me who went straight to the showroom lol
Oh that’s good to know thanks for the info!! Hopefully my MYP is on the truck but I’m doubtful. My understanding is they assign the VIN at the factory?

Bay area ordered 11/7 LR white/white/ 19'/no tow/no FSD
Still no VIN, no updates from SA. Walked into the showroom in Fremont factory, was told the same thing as always "your order is in the system everything looks fine, VIN probably out in the next few days. Bay area delivery is supposed to be the last one which is going to happen in the following days by the end of Dec. Trust me, we can do a LOTTT delivery in the last 7 days. Just sit back and chill"

Okay so my turn to post. Picked up today in Costa Mesa. As opposed to the whole wanting to take my time to enjoy this etc. It ended up being a very very rushed 'I was in, looked the car over super quickly, made sure there were no major defects' signed the paper work and flew out of there. Unlike a lot of you, I am on a very tight schedule. Was supposed to pick up last night, take it to the tinting shop (2B1 Tint), then it was going to the detailer (Xtreme Edge Professional Auto Detail) today to have the clear bra put on and to be ready for me to drive to Arizona day after tomorrow. With the whole delay in my paperwork and the wire transfer missing info yesterday, I only got to pick it up this afternoon. Hence the reason why I was rushing.

Having said that, when I picked it up, this car was pretty darn near perfect. It was gorgeous to be honest. However I had the Allen the detailer look over it and he found 3 nit picky things. Like he said to most people you would not even notice these things. But he has such a trained eye. He noticed that the end of the bumper on the drivers side looked almost like a slightly different shade of white. He said it looked like they ran out of paint towards the end lol. It was barely visible. I will notate it for them to take care of. Also under the hood, he saw two marks (really small marks) one on either side, right near the parts which makes contact between the hood and the rest of the body. He also saw a realllllyyyyyy tiny scuff mark on the back left passenger door. Again so small most people would not even have noticed it. He said he will let me know if he sees anything else.

But honestly... Tesla has really reallyyyy upped their game with all these cars coming out flawlessly and during the end of the quarter massive rush too. I'm obviously going to be a fixture in this forum. But I have to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to posts, to everyone who ever posted here with an update as to when they got their VIN, when they ordered. I know this really sounds like 'First world problems', But you have no idea how much of a support group this is for people like me who were actually stressed about getting a delivery before the end of the year. My reasons were tax related and for financial reasons. So it was not just a craving. Either way the amount of info shared on this forum, the help needed, esp last night when I needed wire transfer info ASAP and even Tesla didn't know it, people on here responded with the info lol.

So just a sincere heartfelt thank you to everyone. To those who are still waiting, please have faith. The people over a Tesla are working their tails off to get this stuff done. Thank you guys and gals. :)