Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if they’re jumping the gun, but they uploaded sales documents that they’ve pre-dated for tomorrow. I’m sure they could just change the date on the documents like they change the date on the delivery, or am I just being cynical now. No updates since the “we don’t have your car” text besides the “sign these forms” emails.
Now very confused. After the “thanks for signing the documents” email, they sent me the “thanks for supporting, your car may be delivered in the first few months of 2021”. Delivery date still listed as tomorrow.

Delivery pushed to tomorrow and the VIN has also changed from 94xxx to 95xxx. Did anyone else get a new VIN when their delivery was pushed back from today to tomorrow?
VIN changed again to 96XXX. Delivery still shows for today (12/31) but also says "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location."

VIN changed again to 96XXX. Delivery still shows for today (12/31) but also says "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location."
I was finally able to get a hold of a human. Trucks are still delivering (and mine is on one) so there is still potential for delivery Pyguy. At least at my SC they’re open til midnight.

I was finally able to get a hold of a human. Trucks are still delivering (and mine is on one) so there is still potential for delivery Pyguy. At least at my SC they’re open til midnight.
My SA also told me that the car is in Dublin and is being prepped but doesn’t know when it’ll be ready. He said it’ll be today 100%. I guess there aren’t any NYE parties so picking up the car at midnight won’t be such a bad deal.

Now very confused. After the “thanks for signing the documents” email, they sent me the “thanks for supporting, your car may be delivered in the first few months of 2021”. Delivery date still listed as tomorrow.
Welp. Not all of 2020 sucked. Picked up the car at 7p. Super minor rear passenger panel alignment and the driver mirror adjustment snafu. Other than that could’ve buffed the wax a bit more. Maybe I’ll notice more in the daylight. All in all, worth the will they/won’t they emotional roller coaster the last couple days...

Hi, folks. i took delivery, yesterday in the SF Bay Area. Seeing all the responses saying minimal to no issues got my hopes up, but I ended up with a dozen or so issues. I think these are all fairly minor with the exception of one or two.

Noises: If I adjust the driver seat to the lowest position, which is where I feel most comfortable, there is a pop/crack sound just before it gets to there. It is repeatable.

Driver side view mirror: Believe it. I’m 5’10”, so not super tall, and I cannot get the mirror into the position I want. Passenger side mirror seems to have a greater range than driver side.

Paint: The only paint issue was a scratch by the passenger door hinge, so only noticeable if you opened up the door.

Panel Gaps:
1. Headlights: One has a gap towards the top, the other has a gap towards the front corner. I’m not sure which is right (or if either is)

2. Taillights: The lights themselves seem to be installed fine, but the corners of the bumper where it meets the taillight and rear quarter panel stick out. At least 3 corners. I could probably just press that in, but was thinking I’d just have SC handle it.

3. A-Pillar: Driver side A-pillar has a bigger gap than the passenger side’s A-pillar.

4. Lift gate and driver side glass: I’m not sure if this is an issue with the lift gate or the small glass window by the lift gate, but I can see the top of the glass, whereas on the passenger side, the top of the glass is covered.

5. Driver side door and front quarter panel. Gap tapers down from top to bottom

6. Frunk: Gap tapers down from top to bottom.

If anyone wants to see pics, let me know. I already setup a service appointment for Kato Rd in Fremont. Seems the Bay Area service centers all have a less than stellar reputation, but I figured Kato Rd would be the most capable.

I had the same issue with the driver side mirror and just found out a friend of mine that just got his and has the same issue. I had mine replaced at no cost since I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and I told the guy about it at delivery. The problem is that there is a small tab behind the left upper side of the mirror that wont let it go upward when adjusting it outward. I think this might be a problem with a lot of the cars coming off the line at the end of 2020.

I had the same issue with the driver side mirror and just found out a friend of mine that just got his and has the same issue. I had mine replaced at no cost since I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and I told the guy about it at delivery. The problem is that there is a small tab behind the left upper side of the mirror that wont let it go upward when adjusting it outward. I think this might be a problem with a lot of the cars coming off the line at the end of 2020.
Did they replace the mirror or break the tab off?