Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caller can hear an echo plus every bump my car makes on car bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model 3 and had it serviced because of the echo that could be heard by the caller on the other side. In addition, every bump I make on the road they can hear. The service center says that it is common and there’s nothing they can do except have me turn down the volume. I even tried to adjust the volume settings as per advice from this forum but it didn’t work. Any other advice??? Apparently the S doesn’t have this problem because their speakers are different than the Model 3

I haven't had anyone mention an echo problem per say but everyone can tell when I am using the car's audio vs direct to my phone. It seems kinda standard and has carried between all 3 of my cars so far.

I wonder if the echo is a problem with a setting on your phone directly since to my knowledge the phone should be doing the processing to clean and filter it and not the car.

It is crazy. I used to have this issue back in the day with my 2018 M3 LR RWD and it disappeared with a software update. I now have it again. I don't know if it was reintroduced with the Holiday Update or the 2023.2.0.5. My problem now is that I have been out of warranty since July 2022 and I don't know if Tesla will even look at it without any sort of charge even though a software update reintroduced the problem. For reference, I have an iPhone 12 Pro paired to my M3

It is crazy. I used to have this issue back in the day with my 2018 M3 LR RWD and it disappeared with a software update. I now have it again. I don't know if it was reintroduced with the Holiday Update or the 2023.2.0.5. My problem now is that I have been out of warranty since July 2022 and I don't know if Tesla will even look at it without any sort of charge

Nope, they wont. From now on, you will have to pay for every scheduled service call (short of recalls).

even though a software update reintroduced the problem.

Good luck proving that, or finding anyone who will care to listen.
It's not like the service center is independently owned and is incentivized to take your side vs. the OEM.
Tesla owns the SC's, and the SC will do whatever the corporate policy dictate them to do. Right, or wrong.