Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can finally upgrade from EAP to FSD for $3K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For nearly 8 months I've been faced with a nasty little website bug from Tesla. It has been fixed within the last week or so.

We have EAP and the webpage that listed our configuration clearly showed that.

But the webpage to order FSD didn't appear to know we had EAP and wanted to sell AP at US$3K and then a $6K upgrade for that to FSD.

Checked today, and the ordering webpage is now correct and I'm offered the option to upgrade from EAP to FSD for $3K.

I'm new here, someone please explain the difference between AP, EAP, and FSD please.

2019 AP (Autopilot) starts on 03/01/2019. It gives you 2 features:

1) TACC (traffic aware cruise control)
2) Autosteer within a lane

If you beat the deadline and you ordered your car by 2/28/2019, you could buy EAP (Enhanced Autopilot). It gives you quite a few features in addition to the two above:

3) Auto Lane Change
4) Navigation on Autopilot
5) AutoPark
6) Summon

That means, as of 3/1/2019, you could no longer order EAP but if you want features 3 through 6, you need to pay for FSD (Full Self Driving).

So why would EAP owners want to pay for FSD? That's because there are still 2 features below that are not active and hopefully will be activated by the end of this year for FSD:

7) Traffic lights and stop signs automatic compliance
8) Automatic driving on city streets.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia