Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can my wife reserve under my name...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
Not sure if this has been answered, I have read that reservations are not transferable etc, but I assume that my wife would be able to reserve for me and use my tesla account at the store? Has anybody asked a service center?

We are a M3 reservation holder that has been invited to design, but are waiting for AWD and white interior (blue exterior). We ordered on April 1 and are a current Model S owner. We wanted matching vanity plates for our 2 Tesla's. We got NO TO GAS when taking delivery of our MS. We ordered NO 2 GAS for our Lexus with intent to transfer it to our M3 when we take possession. We found out after the fact that the problem in Ohio (and several other states) is that you can only transfer plates to the person on the registration. NO 2 GAS is registered to my wife's Lexus, and the M3 registration is in husband's name. We asked the Columbus Ohio Tesla showroom reps if we can change the M3 registration from husband's name to wife's name when taking possession of new M3 in order to be able to transfer the vanity plates from the Lexus to the M3. They said it was possible, and has been done before. Our plan once we get the VIN for the new M3 is to call or go to the local service center in Cincinnati and work out the details in advance of taking possession of the M3.