Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the sales center update your reservation config?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to test drive the LR AWD Model Y tomorrow. I currently have a White/Black Performance Stealth w/ 20'' inductions reserved from the end of May. Today my delivery advisor said I 'might' see it soon, but to expect 4-8 more weeks of waiting... which is the same time frame the website says now when you order new. So this got me thinking, if the LR AWD has plenty of speed for me (which is likely since my last car was a Prius), would the Sales Center be able to help me switch my order?

I went from a Prius to a Model 3 LR. I don't think I've even floored the car once. It feels like it's going to launch into the air at about 1/3 of the way down on the accelerator.

My feeling it the LR will be more than fast enough for you. Of course, I toyed with the idea of getting the Performance Model Y. The thing that finally turned me off was the 21" wheels. I wanted the PUP, but not the uberturbines.

I went from a Prius to a Model 3 LR. I don't think I've even floored the car once. It feels like it's going to launch into the air at about 1/3 of the way down on the accelerator.

My feeling it the LR will be more than fast enough for you. Of course, I toyed with the idea of getting the Performance Model Y. The thing that finally turned me off was the 21" wheels. I wanted the PUP, but not the uberturbines.

I test drove the Model 3 LR AWD and floored it a few times and can't imagine needing anything that speed or faster, so I'm sure you're right. I'll probably wait to change my order since I'm going for a test drive in the Y in less than 24 hours.

Did you get the 20'' inductions or Gemini wheels? I also didn't want the Uberturbines so I switched the inductions on Performance. Now I'm thinking that's the major reason why it's taking so long since they just offered that config at the beginning of June.

I test drove the Model 3 LR AWD and floored it a few times and can't imagine needing anything that speed or faster, so I'm sure you're right. I'll probably wait to change my order since I'm going for a test drive in the Y in less than 24 hours.

Did you get the 20'' inductions or Gemini wheels? I also didn't want the Uberturbines so I switched the inductions on Performance. Now I'm thinking that's the major reason why it's taking so long since they just offered that config at the beginning of June.
I ordered the induction wheels. I've heard bupkis, aside from a text a couple weeks ago.