Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you get $7500 inventory price reduction for an ordered car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure I saw someone post that it's possible to get the $7500 discount of the inventory cars for an ordered car once you have the VIN. Has anyone done this? I'm not even seeing the $7500 on all the inventory cars, some are less.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone post that it's possible to get the $7500 discount of the inventory cars for an ordered car once you have the VIN. Has anyone done this? I'm not even seeing the $7500 on all the inventory cars, some are less.

There are many new inventory MXs with additional $7,500 discounts however, specific availability can vary by region. Your best bet may be to talk to a sales advisor at your local store and see if they can find a new existing inventory car that meets your color/options criteria. If the car is a distance away, Tesla may charge you to have it shipped to a local store or you can potentially drive to the other location and take delivery there with no additional shipping cost.

The instant $7500 rebate starts in 2024. For 2023 if you buy a qualifying vehicle, you take the $7500 tax credit when you file your 2023 taxes next year (if you qualify).

Thank you but I wasn't referring to the ev credit. I was referring to the discount Tesla added to all the inventory Model X in mid June

And X doesn't qualify for rebate anyway, so double irrelevant.

I don't know, but for those previous cases I saw reported it was after Tesla matched them with an existing inventory car. If you order and don't get matched I think no discount for you. Maybe if they happen to match you to an existing inventory, and the inventory car has a discount, I think then you MAYBE might get the discount. But either way if it were me and I order, I would expect to pay the full price minus the loyalty/referral $1000.

There are many new inventory MXs with additional $7,500 discounts however, specific availability can vary by region. Your best bet may be to talk to a sales advisor at your local store and see if they can find a new existing inventory car that meets your color/options criteria. If the car is a distance away, Tesla may charge you to have it shipped to a local store or you can potentially drive to the other location and take delivery there with no additional shipping cost.
Do they still ship inventory cars? I’d pay shipping fee if I don’t have to drive 8 hours each way.

I just sent my SA a note and told them that I was choosing to take the 30D credit. I also notified my lender that my downpayment increased to $7500. I take delivery next week. The code is clear, new or used cars are eligible, see link below.

QUOTE FROM TAX CODE:
(c) The dealer, n
ot later than at the time of sale, must have paid the taxpayer (whether in cash or in the form of a partial payment or down payment for the purchase of such vehicle) an amount equal to the § 30D credit otherwise allowable to such taxpayer.
Source: rp-23-33.pdf