Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you order Stealth Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla rep here said you cannot custom order stealth performance and they might not make it anymore. If I still want one, I need to pick one of the inventory car. Is that true?

Yes.
Except that it's name is: "Performance without proper brakes and tires".
Not much stealth about that.

Nobody really knows why Tesla made a batch of Performance stealth Model 3’s

It's called parts shortage.

If you really want one, just search the service centers' inventory!

a

I ordered a LR AWD a week ago and the Dedham sales people have repeatedly (including when I called today) asked if I wanted to be matched to a stealth performance model for $2000 more. They stated I would receive a VIN pretty much immediately as the stealth vehicles were in preproduction with VINs already assigned, but not completed production.

I ordered a LR AWD a week ago and the Dedham sales people have repeatedly (including when I called today) asked if I wanted to be matched to a stealth performance model for $2000 more. They stated I would receive a VIN pretty much immediately as the stealth vehicles were in preproduction with VINs already assigned, but not completed production.
The answer to that question is "YES!"

Reactions: Gondi63
On the flip side, I spoke to Sales yesterday who said the Stealth VIN was confirmed to my account and I still have yet to see it. Called again today to see when the order details will be updated and they said it should be done by end of day.

On the flip side, I spoke to Sales yesterday who said the Stealth VIN was confirmed to my account and I still have yet to see it. Called again today to see when the order details will be updated and they said it should be done by end of day.

That's good to hear. Its been a few hours and I still don't see a VIN in the source code. I'm not too worried though because my order does reflect a P3D-, at least.

You can now make a stealth P out of your existing (or soon to be delivered) AWD. As of a couple of hours ago, you can pay $2000 to upgrade your AWD acceleration to 3.9 seconds 0-60. As far as I recall, the original Performance was rated 3.8 seconds.

You can now make a stealth P out of your existing (or soon to be delivered) AWD. As of a couple of hours ago, you can pay $2000 to upgrade your AWD acceleration to 3.9 seconds 0-60. As far as I recall, the original Performance was rated 3.8 seconds.

Not quite right? The current Performance is a 3.2 second car and if this upgrade only makes the LR AWD go 3.9 seconds to 60, then there must be a hardware difference between the LR AWD vs. the Performance AWD. With that being said, for 2k extra for the software to pickup only 0.5 seconds doesn't seem worth it. For a factory built Stealth, the 2k was worth it to get the same software/hardware to get the 0-60 times as a Performance. I can't help but use that extra speed almost every time I drive it haha. Merging into traffic is like a game. Pretty sure the rest of my family hates it tho hahah

• Helpful
Reactions: boriszima
Not quite right? The current Performance is a 3.2 second car and if this upgrade only makes the LR AWD go 3.9 seconds to 60, then there must be a hardware difference between the LR AWD vs. the Performance AWD. With that being said, for 2k extra for the software to pickup only 0.5 seconds doesn't seem worth it. For a factory built Stealth, the 2k was worth it to get the same software/hardware to get the 0-60 times as a Performance. I can't help but use that extra speed almost every time I drive it haha. Merging into traffic is like a game. Pretty sure the rest of my family hates it tho hahah
I'm going by memory here. Wasn't the original P rated 3.8 seconds? (Anybody have a chart showing the acceleration specs and how they've changed over time?) I know it has gotten quicker (as has the AWD). So I contend that 3.9 is "close enough" to the original stealth P performance, no? Or am I way off on that number? Wouldn't surprise me? Age has not been kind to my memory.

People ask me all the time "what good is that power? It isn't like you can use it in every day driving." What? Then why am I using it every day?? Must be something wrong with my car.

I'm going by memory here. Wasn't the original P rated 3.8 seconds? (Anybody have a chart showing the acceleration specs and how they've changed over time?) I know it has gotten quicker (as has the AWD). So I contend that 3.9 is "close enough" to the original stealth P performance, no? Or am I way off on that number? Wouldn't surprise me? Age has not been kind to my memory.

People ask me all the time "what good is that power? It isn't like you can use it in every day driving." What? Then why am I using it every day?? Must be something wrong with my car.

You're close, but the original Performance was 3.5s to 60 then later improved to 3.2s. I believe people have gotten 3.0 with the latest software. Not bad from just software optimization.

Source: https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-3-performance-variant-to-hit-60-mph-in-3-5-seconds/

Honestly, 0-60 in 3 seconds is tremendous vs 3.9 seconds. I mean, that is the difference right now between my wife's Stealth and my BMW F80 M3 and I'm starting to feel like my BMW is slow hahah. The difference is my family didn't really complain about the acceleration in my BMW M3 but enjoyed how fast it was. In the Stealth, they flat out bitch at me if I don't tell them I'm going to accelerate hard. They say it makes them nauseous and slams their head into the seat. Its like brute force.

But back on topic, for a current owner to get their LR AWD to be as fast as a BMW M3 for only 2k, well, that is a freaking steal. I paid north of 80k to get that privilege hahaha