Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you schedule the completion of a charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would setting a lower charge current be a viable workaround for many of these situations?
Probably not. Setting the start time is the most effective. It only takes a couple of days to figure out how long it takes your car to charge for your normal commute. And typically, you'd want to go with faster rather than with slower.

I logged into myTesla account yesterday and sent this message (to Executive Escalation):

"Why has Tesla not come up with target completion time charging yet? Hundreds have asked for this. There is even a 3rd party app that uses the API that has figured it out. Why hasn't this simple math project been implemented yet? Using a scheduled start time for charging doesn't work for anyone except those that drive the exact same amount every day. Let us put in a target end time, once plugged in the car says ok I need 2.2 hrs to charge, it then automatically cuts off charging until Target Time - 2.2hr. Why isn't this available yet?"

A couple hours later I received a phone call from a woman in the exec escalation department. She understood my request and said she was going to create a formal feature request with the engineering team. Then she explained how that process works. They pull reports and work is implemented based on the requests and the numbers of people that desire the feature to be implemented. I also pointed out to her that Tesla shops and manuals tell us to drive right away when charging for trips (90-100SOC) to prolong battery life/health so having this targeted end-time charging feature would be an improvement there as well.

So if you still want this feature I suggest you all do the same thing I did and the more squeaky wheels we have the more likely we'll get some grease on this project.