Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you sign up to premium connectivity without the tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says. Are you able to sign upto premium connectivity without the tesla app? Currently waiting for my V5 to come through which means I'm currently not added to the tesla app. Am I able to subscribe to the premium connectivity or do I need to wait?

Thank you

I don’t understand your reference to V5, but if your car is associated with your account, you can manage Premium Connectivity via the web interface. If the car isn’t associated with your account, you have to wait.
I cannot add my car to the tesla account yet as I've only bought the car Saturday and don't have the new V5 document yet. I tried to add it by sending my invoice and driving licence etc but they won't accept it. I guess I'll have to wait.

Why would you want to sign up and pay, when this happens in NRT (Near Real Time) when you set it up? Patience 😀

Don’t know what a V5 is, but suspect it's a "UK thing".
I'm unsure what you mean about reference to NRT etc. I thought you had to sign up for premium. To get the premium benefits. And sorry a V5 is basically your registration documents you get when you purchase a new car.

By nrt, they mean it is almost immediate. Although I had to reboot my mcu for it to take effect when I signed up.

However, if it is a new car it should come with 30 days of premium connectivity for free. Unless that is only a us thing.

I'm unsure what you mean about reference to NRT etc. I thought you had to sign up for premium. To get the premium benefits. And sorry a V5 is basically your registration documents you get when you purchase a new car.
In near real time. So when you take delivery of your car, and your app is up-to-date, you just go to the app and to your account and add it. It will be billed monthly to the card you have registered to your account. I hope that helps.