Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way the Lux tax will be in effect for Jan 1. We are now Dec 10th. to implement a new tax, educate all the dealers in Canada on how to remit and pay the tax wont happen in 2.5 weeks. i believe when it does happen...maybe March.
It's in place. Tesla Ottawa notified me about it and my friend's Tycan is subject to it (he was notified on November 30th)

Dealers have been aware since April 20

Its been ratified for months: Consultation on the Select Luxury Goods Tax - Canada.ca

It's in place. Tesla Ottawa notified me about it and my friend's Tycan is subject to it (he was notified on November 30th)

Its been ratified for months: Consultation on the Select Luxury Goods Tax - Canada.ca
Interesting. My EDD currently is December 18-31 and I haven’t heard anything about the luxury tax from my SA. I don’t think anyone else has either. But it does sound like we’ll get dinged if delivery spills into the new year. :(

Finally picked up the plaid…..

First impressions:
Yoke is odd, as much as I was looking forward to it and knowing that I will get used to it and in a few months can’t drive a regular wheel. I have to admit I almost ran into another car while making a slow right hand turn. Slipped the wheel and lost it for a few sec. No. Big deal other than me shitting my pants.
Power is amazing. Haven’t really done any full throttle launches but even with a few small attempts it really really pulls. To a point that you would feel sick to your stomach. Can’t imagine doing subsequent launches.
Fits and finish are very good. No major issues. Some minor items.
Passenger front door doesn’t close as smoothly as other doors. Still better than my Porsche.
Front headliner doesn’t completely sit snog against the window. Some other cars in lot looked better. SA said there is no clips and no choose to fix other then changing the entire headliner.
Small paint chip (about 0.5mm) by driver door. Too small to notice. Mine is red car so a bit obvious if you know where to look
Yoke kinda cover the screen, I think it’s no big deal since there isn’t much critical detail on that side

All in all. Best car I ever had. And trust me I had some of the finest cars ever made and currently own a few super exotics. Can’t wait till morning to spend a few hours with her. Some photos attached.

Attachments

• A3E8772E-B9DC-4FD6-9154-EE1FCC1785A4.jpeg
    A3E8772E-B9DC-4FD6-9154-EE1FCC1785A4.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 57D4B7AA-F0B7-4580-9EC4-35B9C5E227A5.jpeg
    57D4B7AA-F0B7-4580-9EC4-35B9C5E227A5.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 62

The tax isn't in place yet, its going to be its own piece of legislation which has yet to be passed. Likely won't be passed for a while since the last day the house sits for 2021 is this Friday.

It is a bit confusing cause some places say the tax is coming into effect Jan 1 2022, but their wording is incorrect. If the legislation were to pass it would come into effect Jan 1 2022, but like I said above that highly unlikely.

Finally picked up the plaid…..

First impressions:
Yoke is odd, as much as I was looking forward to it and knowing that I will get used to it and in a few months can’t drive a regular wheel. I have to admit I almost ran into another car while making a slow right hand turn. Slipped the wheel and lost it for a few sec. No. Big deal other than me shitting my pants.
Power is amazing. Haven’t really done any full throttle launches but even with a few small attempts it really really pulls. To a point that you would feel sick to your stomach. Can’t imagine doing subsequent launches.
Fits and finish are very good. No major issues. Some minor items.
Passenger front door doesn’t close as smoothly as other doors. Still better than my Porsche.
Front headliner doesn’t completely sit snog against the window. Some other cars in lot looked better. SA said there is no clips and no choose to fix other then changing the entire headliner.
Small paint chip (about 0.5mm) by driver door. Too small to notice. Mine is red car so a bit obvious if you know where to look
Yoke kinda cover the screen, I think it’s no big deal since there isn’t much critical detail on that side

All in all. Best car I ever had. And trust me I had some of the finest cars ever made and currently own a few super exotics. Can’t wait till morning to spend a few hours with her. Some photos attached.
thanks for sharing your initial impression. What other super exotics do you own? And what makes Plaid better than all the super exotics? thank you

Picked up my Plaid today. I was hoping the 1-week delay to send it to the paint shop would be the last of my problems, but alas, I was wrong.

1. The car needs to go back to the paint shop. There's a large gash on the passenger side roof.
2. Passenger seat has wrinkles. Needs a new seat.
3. The small front a-pillow window is chipped at the top; visible when the passenger door is open

and the worst one...

4. The panoramic roof has a chunk of tint damage right near the edge of it. The whole thing needs to be replaced.

So much for a $200k car. The service guys are apologetic and trying to help but **** me this is exhausting

Last edited:
Picked up my Plaid today. I was hoping the 1-week delay to send it to the paint shop would be the last of my problems, but alas, I was wrong.

1. The car needs to go back to the paint shop. There's a large gash on the passenger side roof.
2. Passenger seat has wrinkles. Needs a new seat.
3. The small front a-pillow window is chipped at the top; visible when the passenger door is open

and the worst one...

4. The panoramic roof has a chunk of tint damage right near the edge of it. The whole thing needs to be replaced.

So much for a $200k car. The service guys are apologetic and trying to help but **** me this is exhausting
razh, keep us posted on the status of the seat. I have a pax seat with wrinkles from Day one (September 24). The car went in for a week as they reported to have received and installed a new seat. The seat I got back was way worse so clearly not a new seat and they tried to steam the wrinkles out which was the approach they were advised to do. They had the car for a week and gave it back worse and even the SA told me not to accept it. He then told me it would 'take weeks' to escalate to a resolution which is crap. I have an appointment upcoming that is one month after I got the car back to revisit the situation with them as I suspect this is a 'sweat them out' strategy as many reported this issue. Resolution is EASY. Ship a seat that meets spec. Yes, they are apologetic but it is exhausting tracking and pushing resolutions :-(

razh, keep us posted on the status of the seat. I have a pax seat with wrinkles from Day one (September 24). The car went in for a week as they reported to have received and installed a new seat. The seat I got back was way worse so clearly not a new seat and they tried to steam the wrinkles out which was the approach they were advised to do. They had the car for a week and gave it back worse and even the SA told me not to accept it. He then told me it would 'take weeks' to escalate to a resolution which is crap. I have an appointment upcoming that is one month after I got the car back to revisit the situation with them as I suspect this is a 'sweat them out' strategy as many reported this issue. Resolution is EASY. Ship a seat that meets spec. Yes, they are apologetic but it is exhausting tracking and pushing resolutions :-(
Will do. The advisor said they will try to steam it first, and if still looks bad, order a new seat. I haven't gotten any pushback yet. They were honest and said the seat could take 2-4 months and I said that's completely fine as long as its replaced eventually.

Will do. The advisor said they will try to steam it first, and if still looks bad, order a new seat. I haven't gotten any pushback yet. They were honest and said the seat could take 2-4 months and I said that's completely fine as long as its replaced eventually.
The steaming looks terrible. If they tell me a new seat is coming I am okay with that timing as well. I just want a plan.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Well, if anybody wants a Plaid (or at least have a look at the refresh), I just sat in a Black with White Interior, 19" wheels at Sherway Gardens (Toronto). It's on display, not sold. The yoke was actually beefier than I thought it might be and wider too. Really nice to see it in person.
Well, THAT lasted long! Already sold, now they've got a red/black/21s plaid in there. It's gorgeous!

thanks for sharing your initial impression. What other super exotics do you own? And what makes Plaid better than all the super exotics? thank you
I have lambo Evo and Av SVJ, Porsche GT3RS, and Bentley GT. I like the plaid because it is so normal looking and silent. Driving my lovely lambos I get all the attention and everyone in a cheap civic or STI wants to race me, however on plaid anyone that tries gets a rude awakening. Don’t get me wrong i dont race with anyone on street, I been tracking my cars for over 30 years, and I respect the rules, its just that no one wants to cut me off on lambo but on plaid they only try and in less than 1 sec I am at speed limit Where i back off. Plaid is also very comfortable on road, I find the cabin very quite and suspension very smooth, not as smooth as the Ben GT but not that far. Overall I like the tech, speed and comfort combination. Haven’t driven a car that checks all the boxes almost at 95% each segment. speed might be 100%, although i did just tried the remac and it was insane but for 2MM are you Kidding me..

MS LR RN114836xxx Blue/White, 19" +FSD, ordered on Apr 22, received VIN 5YJSA1E52NF46xxxx yesterday, scheduled delivery Dec 30 in Kitchener, ON
Wow congrats, and avoiding the lux tax by 1 day! NF would mean 2022 model I believe. Please report back if you have the new tail lights on yours, they’re refreshing the tail lights on the “refresh”, go figure…

Last edited:
Reactions: 98CamryXLE
The tail light 'thing' must be the same as the yoke 'thing' in that people love or hate them. This is my first Tesla and I love the yoke and I love the tail lights and have zero issue with the headlights either. As good as my prior M540. I am thinking that the excitement is coming from those that are prior owners and want to see some new design changes. To me, its all new. I even love the 19" Tempest rims 'naked' without the hub caps. I may not have liked the back end in chrome but with the TESLA bar blacked out and integrated at each end into the tail light, I think it looks awesome. When I look at the photos floating around on the 'new' tail lights I barely see a difference. Tesla is definitely an 'each to their own' vehicle. 98CambryXLE that was a heck of a wait and once you drive it, you will forget all of the pain :cool: