Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hitting my EDD window for the 4th (maybe 5th) time yesterday, it was pushed back yet again to Nov 10-Dec 2 (23 day window). Today there has been another updated to Nov 15 - Nov 29 (15 day window). At least this feels like an actual update than just shifting the EDD backwards 5 days like it has recently.
We’ll see I guess.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Can you tell me taxes on $119,450 in BC? Right now I’m paying 15%
~4000$ luxtax (20% of 19450$)
~18600$ tax (15% of 119450$+4000$)

Cry, shout, bitch, complain all you can to Tesla to get your car before Jan 1st. It’s worth it.

However, the luxtax is still not official. So you might be ok. Still I would not take that chance.

I picked up my new car at Vaughan yesterday, spent maybe 45 minutes there checking things out before making my final payment. Only issues so far are very minor; rear trunk alignment is slightly off on the left side, and the rubber frunk gasket looks a bit strange on one edge, somewhat pinched.

Had some problems connecting to my home WiFi, had to enter my SSID manually as it wasn't picked up in the scan. Not sure it's actually connecting, will check my router for IP address assignments for it.

What do you think, make a service request for the alignment, or learn to ignore it?

During my brief 17km drive I had no real problem with the yoke itself, but I could see turn signals could be a problem if I need to use them while the car is in a curve (like in a roundabout). The horn might be an issue in panic situations.

Coming from a 2015 S85D, the interior fit and finish are much improved. Sound insulation is excellent. I will miss being able to change lanes while using EAP since I didn't buy FSD for this car.

Attachments

• trunk alignment - edit.jpg
    trunk alignment - edit.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 76
Sorry if this is a wrong post area but generally good knowledge among Canadian owners.
Just picked up some winter tires for me Plaid which should arrive next week. The tire shop who has done a lot of Tesla work here in GTA advised that the 2019 MS tiers fit the new plaid without any issues. They are 245/45/19 on 19x8.5 rims. After picking them up, I noticed they are even smaller then my MY winters, so did a bit a of research and it seems there is no good answer if they truly fit. Some say it fits but they may look odd since the have smaller offset than wide body. Some say it’s fine and some even say they don’t fit.
Has anyone here tried this? Any suggestions?
Thanks

^ the trunk alignment might not require a trip to the service center. The rubber grommets on the trunk lid rotate (like fridge legs). The right one looks like it needs to be brought in a bit.

tesla-model-y-owner-details-easy-diy-fix-for-trunk-panel-gap-adjustment-142669_1.jpg
Had similar issue on my MX a few years ago and decided to just learn to love it. As long as trim looks closed without issue. I had issues with window seal that SC was never able to fix. However found some good tips on web and fixed it using a small stick and silicon gun.