Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally scheduled for November delivery, and then incrementally pushed back to March, 2022. Lo and behold, I checked last night and my delivery has now been moved forward to December 5-31. We shall see...Now I'm stuck reading through all the winter wheel threads to come up with a last minute solution there.

By chance, has anyone in Calgary that's taken delivery been able to figure out winter wheels and tires locally?
I pick up at Calgary next Thursday but don’t have anything arranged for winters yet.

I had hoped Tesla would have arranged a package by now but no.

Personally, I’m bored of looking at tires. And unless I hear a good argument against it, I’m planning on going to my local kaltire next weekend and asking them to sort it out.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I pick up at Calgary next Thursday but don’t have anything arranged for winters yet.

Personally, I’m bored of looking at tires. And unless I hear a good argument against it, I’m planning on going to my local kaltire next weekend and asking them to sort it out.
Main argument is the winter tire shortage means your car will be parked for 3 weeks. Need to sort it out now, not next Thursday.

Reactions: TrevTremaine

I ordered a set from PMC tire in Quebec. Shipped to my house all ready to go. A set for your car with decent looking rim for around $2150 shipped (not including tax or TPMS). Replika 241 rims and Conti Viking 7.

I went with the 18's, apparently give a better ride than the stock 19's, at least for winter.

*edit

To be more specific in case anyone else is looking:

Wheel: 18X8.5, 5x114.3, 64.1, 40 offset
Tire: P235/55R18 XL 104T

This was for a model Y though, OEM size was 19" (LR model).
Have you tried them on yet?
I tried the 19x8.5 on 245s from 2019 MS and they didn’t work. Hits the break.

Oh... this is the Model S thread ;)
Yep, noted, I was just responding to your question. I was also just trying to shamelessly shill pmc tires to IanW as he mentioned he was getting bored of looking for tires 😄. Plus he's a fellow Albertan.

But in all honesty I did have a good experience with them, they have a great selection of tires, good prices, and free shipping to my house. This has also encouraged me to change/rotate wheels on my own. I can't say no to more tools.

• Funny
Reactions: Vawlkus
Picked up today (yay!) and a few points to make;
A) delivery was a nightmare. But I stress; it was NOT teslas fault. My insurance company didn’t have the car in their database and it too waaaaay longer than expected to get the pink slips sorted.
B) tesla staff were amazing and very accommodating. Nothing but praise.
C) car itself is pretty much perfect. Only 2 comments; weather strip is kinked as someone mentioned before. Also passenger side windshield wiper is not contacting the glass all the way. Otherwise I couldn’t see anything wrong.
D) drive is amazing. Swear I heard my brain rattle in my skull at one point and I wasn’t beasting it.
E) Yoke is actually cool. For straight on driving it’s great. For turns, I find it better than a wheel as it feels very sturdy.
Slow manoeuvres are still something I hope will feel more natural soon.
F) signals are fine. It’s not second nature yet, but for the most part it’s not a problem. Give it a few days and I’m sure stalks will seem like hard work.
G) overall, I’m in love with it.

Picked up today (yay!) and a few points to make;
A) delivery was a nightmare. But I stress; it was NOT teslas fault. My insurance company didn’t have the car in their database and it too waaaaay longer than expected to get the pink slips sorted.
B) tesla staff were amazing and very accommodating. Nothing but praise.
C) car itself is pretty much perfect. Only 2 comments; weather strip is kinked as someone mentioned before. Also passenger side windshield wiper is not contacting the glass all the way. Otherwise I couldn’t see anything wrong.
D) drive is amazing. Swear I heard my brain rattle in my skull at one point and I wasn’t beasting it.
E) Yoke is actually cool. For straight on driving it’s great. For turns, I find it better than a wheel as it feels very sturdy.
Slow manoeuvres are still something I hope will feel more natural soon.
F) signals are fine. It’s not second nature yet, but for the most part it’s not a problem. Give it a few days and I’m sure stalks will seem like hard work.
G) overall, I’m in love with it.

I'm very jealous, and hoping to have my own by the end of the month! Congrats!

Reactions: Bitjockey
My car finally landed, well sort of. I think someone with the exact configuration refused delivery, possibly to get the 2022 model. I got lucky because I was talking with my SA (who is amazing) to find out why my original order was stuck in CA. He said there is another car that was made on the same day that’s here and ready to go. We think my original assignment had a problem that’s why it was stuck in CA.
Anyways all sorted out now and picking up mid next week. Can’t wait.
So far the only issue visible was the missing cargo cover (small left) which apparently is short for many models.
From first glance nothing wrong with the car and it looks amazing in person.

Attachments

• 06B3C76D-04E7-46ED-B391-1900C83B516B.jpeg
    06B3C76D-04E7-46ED-B391-1900C83B516B.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CE1D8246-49D2-41A9-85BC-0DCEBB643F65.jpeg
    CE1D8246-49D2-41A9-85BC-0DCEBB643F65.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 46
My delivery date has gone:

Oct>Nov>Dec>Jan>Mar>Dec 5-31>Dec 13-27

The Tesla end of quarter push is on…very excited to see if it actually happens.
Mine went from Oct>Nov>Dec>Jan and today to Feb. Ordered late June.

Hard to plan and can’t comprehend why Tesla can’t keep an EDD commitment, moving 4 times in as many months screams incompetence to me (I have no confidence in the Feb date). I even ordered winter tires expecting a Dec delivery and hearing of winter tire shortages. This has left a real bad taste for me.

Seriously considering putting the entire purchase on hold although at this stage I’ll let them build and refuse delivery when they finally call.

Reactions: Bitjockey