Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine went from Oct>Nov>Dec>Jan and today to Feb. Ordered late June.

Hard to plan and can’t comprehend why Tesla can’t keep an EDD commitment, moving 4 times in as many months screams incompetence to me (I have no confidence in the Feb date). I even ordered winter tires expecting a Dec delivery and hearing of winter tire shortages. This has left a real bad taste for me.

Seriously considering putting the entire purchase on hold although at this stage I’ll let them build and refuse delivery when they finally call.
What’s the spec you are trying to get ?

Mine went from Oct>Nov>Dec>Jan and today to Feb. Ordered late June.

Hard to plan and can’t comprehend why Tesla can’t keep an EDD commitment, moving 4 times in as many months screams incompetence to me (I have no confidence in the Feb date). I even ordered winter tires expecting a Dec delivery and hearing of winter tire shortages. This has left a real bad taste for me.

Seriously considering putting the entire purchase on hold although at this stage I’ll let them build and refuse delivery when they finally call.
I can understand that. When my delivery date moved to March, I had planned to delay the winter tires until next year when Tesla had a package available. When the date all of a sudden switch from March to a set of dates in December, I was left scrambling to find wheels and tires. Tesla was no help at all. Now that I’ve ordered wheels and tires from a third party, it wouldn’t shock me at all if the delivery date moves to June…

I can understand that. When my delivery date moved to March, I had planned to delay the winter tires until next year when Tesla had a package available. When the date all of a sudden switch from March to a set of dates in December, I was left scrambling to find wheels and tires. Tesla was no help at all. Now that I’ve ordered wheels and tires from a third party, it wouldn’t shock me at all if the delivery date moves to June…
I am running am running Replika 241 rims with Michelin X-Ice 245/45 19s all around. Cost effective and perform/look great. They are doing 120 km / day commuting

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I’m out of the weighting game! Picked up a Porsche Macan Turbo! Tesla needs to give better ETAs….. I’ve been ubering since September!!
I hate to see that Tesla is catering to the plaid customers to make more money! 😥
You have to be kidding. macan a few class lower. Anyway the luxury tax really pisses me off. I just started to save for my trophy. I will be super pissed at paying that tax.

You have to be kidding. macan a few class lower. Anyway the luxury tax really pisses me off. I just started to save for my trophy. I will be super pissed at paying that tax.

I’ve set a hard shoulder of 31 Dec. Tesla originally quoted me Sept when I hit that Apple Pay button and gave them $100. It immediately changed to Oct after they had my money, and continues to slide.

As far as I’m concerned they took my money in bad faith, never intending to meet their advertised delivery date.

I also have some strong opinions about this government’s use of spending to “buy” votes from certain special interest groups, and I refuse to fund it. Not looking to start a political debate, just explaining my reasoning.

I don’t need this car, I want this car. In fact I really want this car, but I’m mentally starting to prepare myself to move on…

The BMW M4 Competition looks pretty sweet, and I can build it right at the $100K mark. You can thank the government for pushing someone who was ready to go EV back to ICE for another “generation”.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
I’ve set a hard shoulder of 31 Dec. Tesla originally quoted me Sept when I hit that Apple Pay button and gave them $100. It immediately changed to Oct after they had my money, and continues to slide.

As far as I’m concerned they took my money in bad faith, never intending to meet their advertised delivery date.

I also have some strong opinions about this government’s use of spending to “buy” votes from certain special interest groups, and I refuse to fund it. Not looking to start a political debate, just explaining my reasoning.

I don’t need this car, I want this car. In fact I really want this car, but I’m mentally starting to prepare myself to move on…

The BMW M4 Competition looks pretty sweet, and I can build it right at the $100K mark. You can thank the government for pushing someone who was ready to go EV back to ICE for another “generation”.
Yeah i am even more pissed off at Fed now. I work my ass off from annual $20ks to now i can finally realistically save for a Taycan in a year or two. They are dinging me on that. I would still get the car though. I am not settling for a car that is not the mission e when it was shown and first time i see one in person at a pop up store and loved it. You know. I would not have imagined that i could afford one in my lifetime, let alone so soon. Even though it’s still a year+ before i order.

Reactions: sandman1330
What’s the spec you are trying to get ?
Nothing too unique in my opinion…
LR, black, cream interior, 19” wheels

Like another poster said, I don’t need this car either, I want this car. I’ve been eyeing the Model S since it first came out but I could not justify the expense and after 5 years of saving, planning, I felt I was finally ready. Now with a Feb delivery (June 2021 order), I’ll likely have to pay the luxury tax which is rubbing salt on the wound.

I placed the order in June because the online checkout estimated an Oct delivery. The date has moved four times now and I am tired of manufacturers blaming COVID when it’s in fact their inability to forecast accurately or to have contingency plans for their supply chain. Frankly in my line of work incompetence like this would simply not be tolerated. (I fail to understand how you can forecast multiple times to a 19 day window suggesting some degree of precision and then move the entire EDD window out by months!)

I’m just sour. Delayed delivery and now a lux tax of $4k. Wondering if I just go Used, buy a 2-3 year old S, save the extra $ and avoid the lux tax as well as used will be under $100k.

Reactions: sandman1330

Like another poster said, I don’t need this car either, I want this car. I’ve been eyeing the Model S since it first came out but I could not justify the expense and after 5 years of saving, planning, I felt I was finally ready. Now with a Feb delivery (June 2021 order), I’ll likely have to pay the luxury tax which is rubbing salt on the wound.

I placed the order in June because the online checkout estimated an Oct delivery. The date has moved four times now and I am tired of manufacturers blaming COVID when it’s in fact their inability to forecast accurately or to have contingency plans for their supply chain. Frankly in my line of work incompetence like this would simply not be tolerated. (I fail to understand how you can forecast multiple times to a 19 day window suggesting some degree of precision and then move the entire EDD window out by months!)

I’m just sour. Delayed delivery and now a lux tax of $4k. Wondering if I just go Used, buy a 2-3 year old S, save the extra $ and avoid the lux tax as well as used will be under $100k.
no. don’t let the lux tax deviate your plan. just tax manage the hell of it after u buy the car. and always vote conservative going forward

Auto. The lux tax is salt in the wound but just a little compared to the $ 145k all in price including FSD. The wait is insane and the date movements infuriating but I can tell you hands down the pain dissipates immediately with the first launch. I ordered in Feb and got the first LR delivered in Ontario in late September. I have 6000 km on the car now and cannot wait to drive it every day. The car is outstanding in every way and worth the pain. Reality is anyone that can afford this car makes new money every day and the lux tax is just more punishment for earning a living (able to afford) more than our government feels everyone is entitled to. It’s the price we pay to be privileged to own toys worth this much. I hate it but it IS a first world problem and you will quickly forget about the additional you will pay. I saved for three years to buy the car as I have loved the S forever and would do it again 👍🏼

Stay the course….

Auto. The lux tax is salt in the wound but just a little compared to the $ 145k all in price including FSD. The wait is insane and the date movements infuriating but I can tell you hands down the pain dissipates immediately with the first launch. I ordered in Feb and got the first LR delivered in Ontario in late September. I have 6000 km on the car now and cannot wait to drive it every day. The car is outstanding in every way and worth the pain. Reality is anyone that can afford this car makes new money every day and the lux tax is just more punishment for earning a living (able to afford) more than our government feels everyone is entitled to. It’s the price we pay to be privileged to own toys worth this much. I hate it but it IS a first world problem and you will quickly forget about the additional you will pay. I saved for three years to buy the car as I have loved the S forever and would do it again 👍🏼

Stay the course….
What month did you order? There are exemptions for orders placed before April 20th.

1. Taxable Deliveries in Canada – Agreement Prior to Budget 2021
The Luxury Tax would not apply to an otherwise taxable delivery of a specified vehicle to a non-registered person made on or after January 1, 2022 if:

• the vendor of the specified vehicle and the non-registered person entered into a bona fide agreement in writing for the sale of the specified vehicle prior to April 20, 2021; and
  • physical possession of the vehicle is transferred to the non-registered person.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine

Got it and I am sorry you been given the round around.
There are several plaids on hand in GTA area. I also think they may discount them before year end. Many of them are 2021 models which are being declined for pickup. Just a thought.

What month did you order? There are exemptions for orders placed before April 20th.

June 25 2021 :( Has the lux tax bill even been ratified as yet? Hoping that I get delivery before the bill is ratified and it’s effective as of the bill date and not retroactive to Jan 1 2022.

Stay the course….
Appreciate it. I will stay the course for now but if I see a used Model S or an alternative like a Taycan (although those have a wait as well), I will reconsider. As of now, I have no confidence in even the Feb date. I’d rather they simply say we will contact you when we have a date than play this cruel joke.

Got it and I am sorry you been given the round around.
There are several plaids on hand in GTA area. I also think they may discount them before year end. Many of them are 2021 models which are being declined for pickup. Just a thought.
Plaid is too much car for me, plus the extra cost is not something I can justify at this stage.

Reactions: Proppilot
Was walking by the West Vancouver Tesla showroom and looking through the window saw a white Model S inside (along with a 3 and a Y). It was a new Plaid not yet delivered to the owner so I was not allowed to sit in it, understandably.

Attachments

• 8355BFDB-E0C2-49F8-801B-1458D7A741F0.jpeg
    8355BFDB-E0C2-49F8-801B-1458D7A741F0.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 75
The service center cancelled my Plaid delivery today... they found a paint defect on inspection and it'll take up 2 weeks to respray the entire rear. Sad.

The advisors are doing their best and I'm grateful they caught it, but the Tesla mothership in Fremont needs to get their *sugar* together.

1638909865284.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey
Cross posted from the main thread…

Welp, just bumped to another long (more than 3 week) window, Jan 15 - Feb 12. No VIN in the source code.

I’m hoping it’s the “bug” where your EDD jumps forward before a VIN assignment, but I’m pessimistic.

In any event, I’m pretty sure I’m cancelling the order if not delivered by 31 Dec, due to the new Canadian luxury tax that starts in 1 Jan. It was a fun six months dreaming of owning a Tesla, but it may be over…

• Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey

Stay the course….
There is no way the Lux tax will be in effect for Jan 1. We are now Dec 10th. to implement a new tax, educate all the dealers in Canada on how to remit and pay the tax wont happen in 2.5 weeks. i believe when it does happen...maybe March.