Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Received the car Thursday as planned. It's quite fantastic.

EAP was calibrated by the time I drove to Spanish Banks and back from my place - maybe a handful of kms.

Since Thursday at noon we've already put over 500 kms on it. We had a wedding rehearsal dinner in Langley, a few trips to airports and ferry terminals among other things. Even with a decent amount of driving we have only used 110v power in our underground and been okay. I plugged it in to a level 2 at YVR for an hour during a meeting but otherwise we have been fine with basic power.

Range seems to be accurate. Acceleration is impressive.

My wife cried when she drove it the first time.

Love the red. A very dynamic colour. The wheel kit is stocked at service centres (online says 8 weeks) and it's 100% worth the $60.

Also, I noted no defects in paint, lights or interior. I took a high-powered flashlight and inspected it all and I have a fairly keen eye having spent some of my university years detailing cars.

Beauty.
Mine is going to look almost the identical but for the 19" wheels.
I agree the red is a great color, and very different depending on the light.

My edit button went away and I've been asked for my loan info so hopefully I am not too far behind.
Cheers. Enjoy.

Got an email from an IDA based on Toronto, asking a bunch of questions about my order that I had already answered via the website (are you paying cash? are you trading in? etc.).
Replied to those questions, haven't heard back.
Online account now sits at 'drafting up contract' but no delivery date yet.
Good news is that I appear to have made it into the BC EV rebate under the wire. It'll run out within the week by the looks of it.

Got an email from an IDA based on Toronto, asking a bunch of questions about my order that I had already answered via the website (are you paying cash? are you trading in? etc.).
Replied to those questions, haven't heard back.
Online account now sits at 'drafting up contract' but no delivery date yet.
Good news is that I appear to have made it into the BC EV rebate under the wire. It'll run out within the week by the looks of it.

That's great. I wasn't sure I would get the EV credit myself, but it came through. Glad to see you'll get it as well.

For everyone else reading and panicking, I would bet they fund the program again and retroactively award anyone missed in between. Although it would be fittingly ironic if they continue to stand in front of pipelines and refuse to support green subsidy programs.

My delivery appointment has now been cancelled, according to my online account. Now the appointment area just says "estimated delivery by Oct '18. :(
1.jpeg 2.jpeg

My delivery appointment has now been cancelled, according to my online account. Now the appointment area just says "estimated delivery by Oct '18. :(
View attachment 336207 View attachment 336208
Call the Calgary service center directly. Press '4' for Delivery. Much better service and they'll be able to let you know if your car is there and you can book a specific delivery time. The account page appointment is just an estimate.

@M3Edm : Did you get your car or at least a confirmed delivery date?
My contract arrived via e-mail today. I was able to get to the bank and execute the wire transfer before it closed. Maybe I'll find out about my delivery tomorrow. If I haven't heard by noon, I will call the Calgary SC as you suggest.

@M3Edm : Did you get your car or at least a confirmed delivery date?
My contract arrived via e-mail today. I was able to get to the bank and execute the wire transfer before it closed. Maybe I'll find out about my delivery tomorrow. If I haven't heard by noon, I will call the Calgary SC as you suggest.

My appointment is this Friday. I made the appointment on the phone (SC) and that is when they told me the date on the account page is just an estimate of when the car may arrive. I called again yesterday and they confirmed my car arrived and was inspected. Only thing that needs to be done is the detailing work which they do the day before delivery.

My appointment is this Friday. I made the appointment on the phone (SC) and that is when they told me the date on the account page is just an estimate of when the car may arrive. I called again yesterday and they confirmed my car arrived and was inspected. Only thing that needs to be done is the detailing work which they do the day before delivery.

Glad they are detailing your car. Mine looked somewhat shitty when it showed up, especially the glass. Didn't do a great job cleaning it up before hand. That said, there are few things more enjoyable than detailing your own brand new car :D

Reactions: Chris Fox
Got an update from the Calgary delivery centre today. They said that the car was just loaded on a truck and is wheeling around the province with other deliveries. Estimated delivery window is 3-5 days. I think they should be able to narrow the window a little better but OK. It will be here soon enough. I'm kind of glad I opted for home delivery and to not drive it back from Calgary. The weather here is really nasty lately. Wouldn't want to drive on these roads with 20" summer tires.

For everyone else reading and panicking, I would bet they fund the program again and retroactively award anyone missed in between. Although it would be fittingly ironic if they continue to stand in front of pipelines and refuse to support green subsidy programs.

I'm afraid I wouldn't get my hopes up to high. I bought my last car (BMW i3) right in between the incentive fund running out and being re-funded and there is no such thing as a retroactive application. The program rules specifically stipulated that it only applied to vehicles purchased after xx/xx/xxxx, the date when the program was funded again.

I'm glad I didn't miss the boat twice in a row, I would have been quite upset with Tesla's haphazard delivery allocations.

I'm afraid I wouldn't get my hopes up to high. I bought my last car (BMW i3) right in between the incentive fund running out and being re-funded and there is no such thing as a retroactive application. The program rules specifically stipulated that it only applied to vehicles purchased after xx/xx/xxxx, the date when the program was funded again.

I'm glad I didn't miss the boat twice in a row, I would have been quite upset with Tesla's haphazard delivery allocations.

That's a super huge bummer... I know they are wait-listing EV charging incentives, so perhaps they will do the same this time.

News broke earlier, only a couple hours I believe after my last post:

Government topped up CEV with another $10M, which should be enough for another 2k cars. This was to keep it on target as originally planned to run to 2020. Let's hope that's enough for all you eager BC'ers... maybe even a few on SR, if we're luck.

Pick up my M3 AWD this Thursday in Toronto. (Mississauga staging location). !!

I’m fully aware the appointment could get changed, but here’s hoping it sticks.
I’ve spoken with several Tesla employees now, and I feel their delivery pains.

VIN :
5YJ3E1EB1JF1103xx

Can’t wait. !