Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada VIN thread and Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered April 10th when it was showing a 4-8 week estimate (so by June 5).

Got the car today, ended up being only three day delay from the original delivery date and 11 weeks total. Delivery experience was overall great, our names/addresses were already entered which was a nice touch. There was a small scratch on one side which they noted and the front driver side panel sticks out along wheel well and is not flush - it will need adjustment. The rest of the panels are either perfect or only out slightly. They suggested I use my own lightening cable for my iPhone instead of the right-angle connectors provided - looks like they didn't know you had to slide the bottom rail off to install the cable fully.

I want to get the paint protection film - if I can do a 50% touch up to the slight scratch myself it will be good enough to proceed. I'm going to experiment tomorrow. As others have said, the wait is long but the car is amazing. It has so much jam once you are rolling that I have no regrets about waiting for AWD for extra performance. Bluetooth lock/unlock has been flawless so far.

My software update did fail, it started right before I needed to drive away so I'm hoping it failed due to me driving after it started rather than what I've read about failures due to a sensor somewhere having a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Just signed up and thought I would share.

Day 1 reservation holder and officially ordered AWD on June 27th. Originally quoted 3 - 5 months for delivery. I think I was one of the first Canadian AWD orders as I was in Europe and awake when the design studio went live... Placed the order before I even received the email saying AWD was available.

Are there any recorded AWD deliveries in Canada yet? I'll try to update here as I learn more.

• Informative
Originally quoted 3 - 5 months for delivery.

Has the original "3 - 5 months for delivery" changed?

My software update did fail, it started right before I needed to drive away so I'm hoping it failed due to me driving after it started rather than what I've read about failures due to a sensor somewhere having a problem.

Yes, it failed because you have to do the update while parked. I usually leave it for overnight.

Has the original "3 - 5 months for delivery" changed?

Not necessarily. Still states September to November delivery estimate. That said, a week or so after I ordered they shortened the delivery timeline to 2 - 4 months for AWD, and 1 - 3 months for Performance (IIRC). With the timing of that, I figured if new orders without reservations were told 2 - 4 months, that my week old order and Day 1 reservation might follow the same timeline and I could potentially have it by end of August. Time will tell!

• Informative
Not necessarily. Still states September to November delivery estimate. That said, a week or so after I ordered they shortened the delivery timeline to 2 - 4 months for AWD, and 1 - 3 months for Performance (IIRC). With the timing of that, I figured if new orders without reservations were told 2 - 4 months, that my week old order and Day 1 reservation might follow the same timeline and I could potentially have it by end of August. Time will tell!
Check this link (Tesla SSO – Login replace the X's with your RN) and see if you can still edit your configuration. If you can, your car hasn't entered production yet. If it redirects you to your account page, your vehicle has likely (but not confirmed) entered production.

Check this link (Tesla SSO – Login replace the X's with your RN) and see if you can still edit your configuration. If you can, your car hasn't entered production yet. If it redirects you to your account page, your vehicle has likely (but not confirmed) entered production.
I think if you just log on to your account the edit configuration will disappear (as it just has for me) when your 3 is entering production without following that link above.

I think if you just log on to your account the edit configuration will disappear (as it just has for me) when your 3 is entering production without following that link above.
my edit config link disappeared a long time ago as I went from financing to cash and could not change back. Once you go to cash the link goes away and the only way to edit (without calling tesla) is to use the link above.

I am new on this forum thread.
April 3, 2016 reservation
Invited to configure on April 25, 2018
Opted to said for dual motor
Configured on June 27, 2018 before receiving an e-mail invite
Model 3 AWD
Multi coat Red,
18” wheels
Black interior
Premium interior
Enhanced autopilot
Completed all confirmation requests by June 29th
Waiting to be contacted for delivery

Seems like it is taking forever.
Have completed a test drive on a RWD

I am still able to edit my design. I selected Tesla financing as I am secretly hoping Lease will be available by the time my delivery comes around. Too much will change with battery technology between now and then...

I am new on this forum thread.
April 3, 2016 reservation
Invited to configure on April 25, 2018
Opted to said for dual motor
Configured on June 27, 2018 before receiving an e-mail invite
Model 3 AWD
Multi coat Red,
18” wheels
Black interior
Premium interior
Enhanced autopilot
Completed all confirmation requests by June 29th
Waiting to be contacted for delivery

Seems like it is taking forever.
Have completed a test drive on a RWD

We will have identical cars until I put new summer wheels on it. I think my timing is the same as you, other than being a day 1 reservation holder, and being unable to submit one license image until a couple days after you.

Latest update: Logged in and I can now complete a credit application. No longer able to edit the design.

Currently on hold for a rep because for some reason when I put in our birth dates in registration details they subtracted a day on each my wife and I, which is now being passed onto the credit app. I sent an email in June but never got a response.

I might switch it to cash anyways, but I'm interested in what the rate is through Tesla.

Seems I can't edit my previous post (or I haven't figured it out yet).

Just got off the phone. VIN was assigned yesterday, but there isn't a Delivery Advisor or what have you assigned to my file yet. They will know more and be able to fix the issue above.

I noticed something else that I failed to remember to ask. For some reason the configured cost is $78k but the financing app calls for $79.3. Not sure on the discrepancy, but will update when I learn more.

The customer service rep on the phone said "Good news, having a VIN assigned means it's 1-month to 1.5-months out." I thought it was going to be much quicker than that, but I bet they are shifting all cars to Ontario for at least the next week until the incentive expires, and then focusing on the US for the same reason. Only speculating though!

Seems I can't edit my previous post (or I haven't figured it out yet).

Just got off the phone. VIN was assigned yesterday, but there isn't a Delivery Advisor or what have you assigned to my file yet. They will know more and be able to fix the issue above.

I noticed something else that I failed to remember to ask. For some reason the configured cost is $78k but the financing app calls for $79.3. Not sure on the discrepancy, but will update when I learn more.

The customer service rep on the phone said "Good news, having a VIN assigned means it's 1-month to 1.5-months out." I thought it was going to be much quicker than that, but I bet they are shifting all cars to Ontario for at least the next week until the incentive expires, and then focusing on the US for the same reason. Only speculating though!
Is it the $1300 delivery fee?

Latest update: Logged in and I can now complete a credit application. No longer able to edit the design.

Currently on hold for a rep because for some reason when I put in our birth dates in registration details they subtracted a day on each my wife and I, which is now being passed onto the credit app. I sent an email in June but never got a response.

I might switch it to cash anyways, but I'm interested in what the rate is through Tesla.

My credit application and trade-in questionnaire opened up on Sunday night as well (or at least that's when I noticed it.) Have you tried emailing Tesla Finance about your credit app issue? I received some shockingly fast responses on Monday, which is especially surprising since it was Labo(u)r Day.

I was assigned a Sales Advisor yesterday. Since then he has updated the birth date issue and I have submitted a finance application, although still thinking of switching to cash purchase instead and financing it through a better method.

He told me logistics is estimating mid to late next week delivery, which is much faster than I anticipated.

The $1300 delivery fee is BS in my opinion. It's like those garbage documentation fees. Quite annoyed by that revelation actually. If you don't want to be like every other car company in the world quit acting like them... Especially when all you get is radio silence for 10 weeks after ordering.

Will update when I have a scheduled day.

Loan approved yesterday; trade in confirmed the day before; VIN provided this morning with a delivery date of Sep 10 in Vancouver. If the timing holds, it will have been a week from the time my edit button disappeared and loan/trade in options opened up to delivery!

Where did they say you would pick up from? West 4th location? Who is your Sales Advisor (I wonder if we have the same guy)? Mine is Michael Lam IIRC.

Chris

I was assigned a Sales Advisor yesterday. Since then he has updated the birth date issue and I have submitted a finance application, although still thinking of switching to cash purchase instead and financing it through a better method.

He told me logistics is estimating mid to late next week delivery, which is much faster than I anticipated.

The $1300 delivery fee is BS in my opinion. It's like those garbage documentation fees. Quite annoyed by that revelation actually. If you don't want to be like every other car company in the world quit acting like them... Especially when all you get is radio silence for 10 weeks after ordering.

Will update when I have a scheduled day.

That $1,300 fee has been there, listed from day one.
From what I’ve seen, they aren’t even close to what the other car manufacturers are.
They have the one $1,300 fee, which was posted day one when you ordered.

They deliver the cars from Fremont.
Tesla could either increase the price of the car to factor in shipping, or they could tack it on top, which they did.
I’ve shipped a car before. Cost $800 (that was 12 years ago) and I still had to drop it off and pick it up from the train yard.

It sounds like you’re suggesting that they should start waiving the costs of the car to compensate you for the 10 weeks you’ve waited.
Even though you knew it would take a long time up front, and the fees were identified up front.

That doesn’t sound reasonable. ..
You should be happy you will soon have one of the best cars ever to hit the market.

Many can’t afford them, and have to settle with a Civic or something.
They will also pay way more hidden fees then you will, and they still won’t have a Tesla.

Be happy, look for the positive side of this new car. :)

Reactions: mahagala and phtp