Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on May 17. Model3 SR+ RWD Darkgrey/Black 19" wheel. Mine is showing 4-11 weeks from order date. :/

Does anyone know if I need to upload proof of insurance right now or can be until later? I initially ignore this step as I didn't think it was possible to purchase insurance for a car you don't own yet. But now I am looking at the delivery delays from everyone else.. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can do minimize any more delay.

1621942138132.png

I ordered on May 17. Model3 SR+ RWD Darkgrey/Black 19" wheel. Mine is showing 4-11 weeks from order date. :/

Does anyone know if I need to upload proof of insurance right now or can be until later? I initially ignore this step as I didn't think it was possible to purchase insurance for a car you don't own yet. But now I am looking at the delivery delays from everyone else.. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can do minimize any more delay.

View attachment 665924
they'll ask for it once they have the VIN, if I'm not mistaked, you'll get a weeks heads-up which is more than enough time to get insurance in place. Insurance won't be able to provide insurance until you give them a VIN

Reactions: savicbo
Seems like it's been an active few days, fingers crossed for those with March orders to get deliveries soon.
No Invite to a prep meeting yet for me, April 4 order, LR white on black, Kitchener.

PS there needs to be a bot that reminds folks to include their order date and details whenever they post. Or free up the ability to use signatures for this.
I’m hoping there is some action this week too. I had the meeting on Saturday. Order date March 25th SR+ White/black, Oakville

Reactions: savicbo
Took a drive by the delivery centre in Laval today. It was difficult to tell because the cars are kept inside but it looked jam packed with 3’s and Y’s. It also looked like someone was picking up their model Y today so it seems as if deliveries are ongoing.
Reached out to my SA and he said “June”. I asked him a more direct question about whether the cars have been shipped without VINs but I haven’t heard back.

View attachment 665924
Interesting. I ordered M3 SR+ everything else stock, May 13th and it's showing 5 to 11 weeks. So there's something on the week of June 14th. Is the week of June 14th considered the end of Q2 for Tesla where they delivery a bunch of units?

Interesting. I ordered M3 SR+ everything else stock, May 13th and it's showing 5 to 11 weeks. So there's something on the week of June 14th. Is the week of June 14th considered the end of Q2 for Tesla where they delivery a bunch of units?
I'm thinking the same thing. In fact :
M3 SR+ Grey + white interior 18inch tyres
No FDS
Order date May 3rd.

I just called last week my SA and she told me the following :
''Without giving you guarantees your car is expected to ship out of California on the 14th June, we are expecting to receive it by the 17th maximum and upon inspection and routine checks you should be able to pick it up by the 19th.'' The 14th might be it for this month's orders.

Tesla just officially announced “Tesla Vision”. Apparently, all M3s and MYs delivered from May 2021 on will have it. In all likelihood this was the reason for the delay. I’d expect VINs to be dropping soon.
I also just read a rumour (it was on the internetz so take it for what it’s worth) that this is the reason and the cars are awaiting a firmware update that is not quite complete in order to enable it. The rumour said that by mid-week they should be ready. Again, this is rumour.

Reactions: JSB485
I'm thinking the same thing. In fact :
M3 SR+ Grey + white interior 18inch tyres
No FDS
Order date May 3rd.

I just called last week my SA and she told me the following :
''Without giving you guarantees your car is expected to ship out of California on the 14th June, we are expecting to receive it by the 17th maximum and upon inspection and routine checks you should be able to pick it up by the 19th.'' The 14th might be it for this month's order
I heard the
I also just read a rumour (it was on the internetz so take it for what it’s worth) that this is the reason and the cars are awaiting a firmware update that is not quite complete in order to enable it. The rumour said that by mid-week they should be ready. Again, this is rumour.
I heard the same thing...Its for the removal of radar for self driving and autopilot. The firmware is to use just vision. The vehicles can't operate safely without it.

Reactions: gforce2002
If this is a glitch in the matrix I will be quite disappointed, obviously. Is this some sick joke that the all mighty musk is playing on me?

Literally 30 mins ago it said june 15-30

Attachments

• 20210525_195207.jpg
    20210525_195207.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 43