Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 01/17/2022
EDD(01/17): March 2022
EDD(01/19): April 3 - May 1
EDD(01/27): March 16 - March 31
EDD(02/20): April 27 - May 25
EDD(02/25): March 14 - March 31
EDD(02/26): March 14 - March 28
TEXT(03/02): Tesla Trade-in Text
EDD(03/05): April 26 - May 26
I got a phone call today they had a car for me. VIN assigned and delivery date for this Saturday in Barrie. Flights booked to Toronto to pick it up, nothing worse than list minute march break flight prices lol

I got a phone call today they had a car for me. VIN assigned and delivery date for this Saturday in Barrie. Flights booked to Toronto to pick it up, nothing worse than list minute march break flight prices lol
Congrats!
Very interesting...Did you reply to the Tesla Trade-in SMS? I received it 4 days after you did (although my OD was 1 month after you). My order is for CASH, I need my SA to switch it to LOAN and Trade-In once I have the VIN.

Congrats!
Very interesting...Did you reply to the Tesla Trade-in SMS? I received it 4 days after you did (although my OD was 1 month after you). My order is for CASH, I need my SA to switch it to LOAN and Trade-In once I have the VIN.
Yes i did, my message was just inquring about my EDD and if there was a more accurate time. A girl responded and she was my dedicated SA for my order/vehicle. We chatted back and forth with some questions and she answered them all within 2-12hrs.

When she called me i asked if she was the one that matched a vehicle to me and while she would of loved to take credit for that she said no, its all automated and tesla assigned the car to me.

After our phone call my EDD displayed March 15-19, when it was previously April 28-May 26. I check my app insanely too much like i have an addiction (prob 30+/day) and all morning/early afternoon the date didnt change. I have a feeling it changed during our phone call when she said she had a car for me. After our conversation (I needed to confirm Saturday delivery would work as i had to book a flight to toronto, run it past my wife and get time off work) i checked the sourcecode and i had my VIN.

Upon confirming a Saturday delivery over the phone then my VIN appeared in the app.

Reactions: catman44
Yes i did, my message was just inquring about my EDD and if there was a more accurate time. A girl responded and she was my dedicated SA for my order/vehicle. We chatted back and forth with some questions and she answered them all within 2-12hrs.

When she called me i asked if she was the one that matched a vehicle to me and while she would of loved to take credit for that she said no, its all automated and tesla assigned the car to me.

After our phone call my EDD displayed March 15-19, when it was previously April 28-May 26. I check my app insanely too much like i have an addiction (prob 30+/day) and all morning/early afternoon the date didnt change. I have a feeling it changed during our phone call when she said she had a car for me. After our conversation (I needed to confirm Saturday delivery would work as i had to book a flight to toronto, run it past my wife and get time off work) i checked the sourcecode and i had my VIN.

Upon confirming a Saturday delivery over the phone then my VIN appeared in the app.
:) checking the app 30+/day? I know what you are saying!…:) I even considered removing it from my phone for a while. It is not just that I cannot wait for it, but there is also the fact that I would need to complete a lot of tasks in what appears to be a short time between Vin and Delivery (switch from cash to loan, maybe try RBC financing, new Insurance, trade in, etc).

Last edited:
:) checking the app 30+/day? I know what you are saying!…:) I even considered removing it from my phone for a while. It is not just that I cannot wait for it, but there is also the fact that I would need to complete a lot of tasks in what appears to be a short time between Vin and Delivery (switch from cash to loan, maybe try RBC financing, new Insurance, trade in, etc).

The tasks are easy, my biggest thing is i live 1400KM from where my Tesla is being delivered so i need to book flight, hotels, etc all last minute.

I was on the phone with Tesla to change my downpayment on my loan and while it took 45mins on hold, when talking to the agent it tooke 5mins to change and about 3hrs to the downpayment to be reflected on my account.

RBC when i applied took 30secs for approval when i initially clicked the submit button 3 weeks ago. Insurance i'm calling right now and will submit that then im pretty much good to go.

The only thing i will have to do is a wiretransfer for my down payment as i dont want to be travelling with such a large certified check :)

Most of your tasks are pretty easy, it all just happens VERY FAST and that is what my SA told me when i was texting her prior.

Reactions: catman44
The tasks are easy, my biggest thing is i live 1400KM from where my Tesla is being delivered so i need to book flight, hotels, etc all last minute.

I was on the phone with Tesla to change my downpayment on my loan and while it took 45mins on hold, when talking to the agent it tooke 5mins to change and about 3hrs to the downpayment to be reflected on my account.

RBC when i applied took 30secs for approval when i initially clicked the submit button 3 weeks ago. Insurance i'm calling right now and will submit that then im pretty much good to go.

The only thing i will have to do is a wiretransfer for my down payment as i dont want to be travelling with such a large certified check :)

Most of your tasks are pretty easy, it all just happens VERY FAST and that is what my SA told me when i was texting her prior.
thanks for sharing your insights - I am sure all this info is very useful for many of us here!
Have a nice trip (wow, driving 1400 KM back!!), easy delivery and then have fun with your purchase! If you could drop a line here with your thoughts/experience with the delivery.

thanks for sharing your insights - I am sure all this info is very useful for many of us here!
Have a nice trip (wow, driving 1400 KM back!!), easy delivery and then have fun with your purchase! If you could drop a line here with your thoughts/experience with the delivery.
Will do!

On the Canadian Tesla app, if you are done your tasks, does it say “go to account” or “view” in the blur box? I noticed Americans saying when it says “view” you are done the tasks. I’m done mine and it says “go to account”
Mine says go to account:

Delivery.png

Reactions: catman44 and spncr
I hear ya!
OD: 2/14
EDD1: June
EDD2: may 15 - jun 12
EDD3(mar 8): July!
EDD4(mar 11) March 28- 31

Obviously excited about March delivery... but I am going on vacation (after 3yrs of covid cancelations) and don't return till March 31st (go figure).

Who knows if EDD will shift again anyways...

2022 M3 rwd
MSM w/19" SW
No FSD
Think I jinxed myself...
EDD (Mar 12): July 11-Sep 5 ☹

Not sure how I went from a 3-day window in March to a 7 week window in Q3...

Progress.

Just checked the app I saw a message saying that an important update was being made to my account and to log into my account. Clicked to log in and saw this message:
1647502385368.png

EDD were March 16-29.
Now, they are March 18-24 and VIN has been assigned in the source code!!!
Don't want to get my hopes up but I think it's close!

Reactions: sokhangoo
Progress.

Just checked the app I saw a message saying that an important update was being made to my account and to log into my account. Clicked to log in and saw this message:

EDD were March 16-29.
Now, they are March 18-24 and VIN has been assigned in the source code!!!
Don't want to get my hopes up but I think it's close!
If you have a VIN i think you're pretty much good to go! This means you have a physical car assigned to you. You should try calling tesla and ask them.
I knew i had a car assigned to me already from the SA calling me, but the VIN appeared in my source code and when i called their main number to talk to someone he could see all the details of the car so i think you will have your car very soon and can probably expidite things if you call in.

If you have a VIN i think you're pretty much good to go! This means you have a physical car assigned to you. You should try calling tesla and ask them.
I knew i had a car assigned to me already from the SA calling me, but the VIN appeared in my source code and when i called their main number to talk to someone he could see all the details of the car so i think you will have your car very soon and can probably expidite things if you call in.
Yup. Just got the text this morning to schedule delivery. I have ONE day to choose from and a bunch of times. I can't make that day - we're away from a few days for spring break. Such BS. From an original EDD in Jan all the way to know and even after, I would have been available but no..a window of 1 day. I've emailed my SA for options on what to do.

Yup. Just got the text this morning to schedule delivery. I have ONE day to choose from and a bunch of times. I can't make that day - we're away from a few days for spring break. Such BS. From an original EDD in Jan all the way to know and even after, I would have been available but no..a window of 1 day. I've emailed my SA for options on what to do.
They gave you 1 day only? That is strange, I just booked mine and I had 4 days to choose from each day with 3 different timeslots.

It should be at least 3 days (I had two M3 deliveries before for all I had at least 3 days to choose from). BUT if you cannot make it then sadly they will release your car to the next person in line and you go back in the line. With my experience you won't go all the way to the back of the line but will get pushed by at least couple of months.