Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Price Increase Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still agonizing over the configuration . S85D with grey next gen seats on midnight silver with 19inch Cyclones. Upgrade sound, piano black and sun roof. Have had many silver on black as they in my mind were beautiful and practical in terms of cleaning. But wanted something different this time. Love how mean the car looks in darker colours. With that said the aspects I am still mulling over are grey vs black interior. Will grey look dirty over time especially after wearing dark jeans? Should I get the black alcantara roof liner if I stay with grey? Yes on this one. If I change to black the standard roof liner is ok. On the wheels, was thinking of base wheel to them be used as winters and going after market for something a little more special since you get zero credit for the base wheel on the upgrade to cyclone. Lastly the interior upgrade package which includes the power lift gate seems like such a rip off . The Ford Focus has this feature in a $25k vehicle and mine is approaching $110k . Crazy really. Back to grey vs black interior is really about something different vs practicality and wear over time. Anyone out there with an opinion on the colour choice ? I need to lock down by may 5th. First world problems I know!

Anyone out there with an opinion on the colour choice ? I need to lock down by may 5th. First world problems I know!

I just picked up my car on Thursday and did the interior grey with black alcantara and love the way it looks. I debated the black as well but very happy with my choice of grey it's different and stays cooler in the summer. I've got 2 young kids - cheerios show better on black than grey ;-).

My thoughts were, sure the lighter interior colours look nice open & airy but they do wear, get dirty & look old after several years of heavy use. Good luck choosing.

My last few cars have all had black or dark grey interiors, but when I saw the dark blue Model S with tan interior in California, that really turned me on to that color combination. After I ordered, several people asked if I was concerned about it showing dirt/wear. I hadn't even considered that. What I can say is that after 2+ years and almost 80,000 km of use, the interior surfaces, seats etc. all still look as good as new.

My last few cars have all had black or dark grey interiors, but when I saw the dark blue Model S with tan interior in California, that really turned me on to that color combination. After I ordered, several people asked if I was concerned about it showing dirt/wear. I hadn't even considered that. What I can say is that after 2+ years and almost 80,000 km of use, the interior surfaces, seats etc. all still look as good as new.

Do you do anything in particular to wipe the seats down or treat them at all?

Do you do anything in particular to wipe the seats down or treat them at all?

I will wipe them off with a clean, dampened cloth every so often, just as I did with my former black interior cars. I had a bad experience years ago with "leather treatments" that made the seats so slippery, I could barely stay in place, so avoid those types of things as a general (but not exclusive) rule.